||11.||

•||Ch11: Letter||•

||Maheen POV||

I should feel satisfied after revealing the truth of Zoya in front of Rehan but I wasn't feeling satisfied. I looked in the mirror and tried to smile. It had been a week since Masooma appi wedding and after her walimah Rehan didn't speak to anyone. My brother hurt badly because of Zoya. He shut himself from everyone.

I knew Zoya tried to contact Rehan many times but he didn't answer her. I closed my eyes and breathed out. “Just one more month to bear Zoya then free from college and Zoya,” I muttered to myself. But Prof. Faheem. What about him? This was the last year and month of college then we all were free from this hell.

I combed my hairs in a high ponytail and grabbed my bag. I went to the dinning table and picked a bread which had nutella on it. “With whom you are going?” Dad asked. “Alone,” I simply said. “No. Rehan will drop you,” He said looking at me then back at the newspaper. “Dad, I can go alone,” I said. “Who is your dad? And like I said you are not going alone.” He said giving me a sharp look.

I sat on the chair with a scoff and ate the bread. “You should now stop going out like you do every week. Your exams are near and I want a good result from you,” He said to me but his eyes were still on newspaper. I rolled my eyes and made monkey faces. I know my exams are near. “You should learn from Zoya.” Here we go again, Zoya Zoya and Zoya. “Zoya is such a hardworking girl. She always stood first and took positions and always behaved nicely, not like you rudely,” He said comparing me with Zoya.

I got angry as he continued comparing keep with Zoya. I slammed my hand on the table hardly and stood up. “MAHEEN? BEHAVE. WHERE IS YOUR MANNERS?” Dad yelled. “STOP COMPARING ME WITH ZOYA THEN I WILL BEHAVE. ZOYA, ZOYA AND JUST ZOYA. WHY DON'T YOU ADOPT HER AND THROW ME AT THE ORPHANAGE,” I screamed in anger. “MAHEEN!” Dad yelled and raised his hand at me but mom held his arm. I looked at him with wide eyes in disbelief and felt hurt and anger from his action.

If that was not mom who stopped him then he would slapped me. “What is this? You know very well that it is not good to raise your hand at your young kids and specially on daughters,” Mom said him and pulled him with her in their room. I blinked many times to hold my tears and picked my bag. Rehan came down and pulled me with him to his car. “You should have apologize from dad when you will be back,” Rehan muttered and started the car.

I looked out of the window and hummed. The flashback of him raising his hand at me came again and again in front of my eyes. When we reached the college, I sighed looking at the building and went inside after grabbing my bag. The first face which I saw after entering in the college who Zoya. I glared at her and she looked at me with her pluffy eyes which held pity. She should be pity on herself. I started walking and walked past her by shoving her shoulder with my shoulder.

I entered in the class and threw my bag on the bench and sat on the chair. Arfa entered in the class and took a seat beside me. “Why are you looking so grumpy?” She asked looking at me for a second. “I am not grumpy just today a day by seeing a face of Satan.” I mumbled. She opened her little makeup kit and said, “Uh-huh.” She looked at the mirror and set her hairs.

Zoya entered in the class and took a seat beside Eshaal. Few minutes later, the bell rang and Prof. Faheem entered in the class. He was looking extra serious and anger. He started the class and was showing his little anger. I was staring at him as he was looking down at a book. He caught me staring him and he glared at me.

When the class ended, we all were walking out of the class but he called my name. I turned around and asked, “Yes, sir?” “Can you tell me what is this?” He asked showing me a paper. I saw it had my handwriting on it. I read it in shocked.

I don't know how to tell you this big thing. I am tired of keeping this feeling a secret. I don't know if I can tell you this in person or not but remember one thing. I really really love you. I don't know if you love me back like I do but please don't forget my feelings for you.

Love you more than you think and know,
Maheen.

I looked at sir in shocked and he asked, “Tell me is that your handwriting?” I nodded my head still not understanding who did this with me. “And this truth or not?” “I…, I can explain,” I shuttered looking at sir. “What you want to explain? Tell me what? If this news got out, firstly college will suspend both us then secondly your reputation will ruin along with your parents thirdly the administrator will not give you your roll number slip for the board exams,” Sir said.

“It is not my fault that I fall in love with you unknowingly,” I said looking in his eyes. He looked at me for a second and sighed. “Its not a love. Do you really know the true meaning of love?” Sir asked. “Its my feeling and I know better ,sir,” I said looking directly in the eyes of sir. “You call it love just because I helped you many times. God. Dammit Maheen it is just an attraction not love. You are a kid of that age where every kid call affection or attraction a love.”

But I didn't understand him because I didn't want to understand. “Maheen, you don't know anything about the society they will not accept it. You are so young and will become an easy target for society if they know this. Try to understand and forget this whole thing and most importantly your exams are near. Concentrate on your studies on that stupid things,” Sir said and trying to make me understand.

What could I understand this when I knew I loved him way more than he thought. “Society. Seriously sir, you are scared of this society. Hell with this society. They will never let anyone live happily,” I said him, “And secondly about studies, I am concentrating on studies.” “I am telling you this, Maheen, come back on the track before I take care of this with my ways. Well now it's your next class time go and attend your class.” He said with a sigh and moved back.

“And you are calling this feeling ‘love’ but it's not love this is just an attraction and obsession; keep it in your mind very well,” He said collecting few papers from the desk. “For me it's not an obsession remember that, Sir,” I said and walked out of the class. I knew who did this. There is only one person who knew my handwriting. Now I will tell her what is the result of trying to make Maheen’s life a hell. I mumbled to myself furiously.

.........

Assalam-o-Alaikum! Hi!

How are all today?

About the chapter, how was the chapter?

If you like this chapter, consider giving it a vote.

Take care.
Till next time.

Allah Hafiz! Bye!