Pt.6 Beauty and the Beast

"You weren't lying!"

SSSHHHHHH!

"Sorry..." Blake whispers toning down her excitement as her and [F/n] wait in line in a Vale library, Blake holding her copy of Ninjas of Love 2, as Patty Berdioler is signing books just feet away.

"Of course,"[F/n] whispers as she smiles, "I'm nothing if not good on my word."

"Sorry I doubted you," she says looking around the library, "how does your dad know her again?"

"My dad and her used to know each other when they were younger and got reacquainted back when I was 9. She's been a close family friend and always used to visit us before we moved here."

"Moved?" Blake says taking a step as the line moves," so you're not from Vale?"

"Nope, you probably couldn't tell because I don't act regal like the ice queen or wear a military uniform like Lana, but I'm actually from Atlas."

"Really?"

"Yep, born and raised. Though you can tell from my free-thinking spirit that they didn't like me there."

Blake chuckled a little at the thought, moving forward as the line moved.

"So tell me...what is she like?" She says holding her book close to her chest.

"What's she like? Let me see..." He says thinking," she's pretty kind, a total bookworm if you couldn't tell, and honestly she feels like a second mom...well when you don't make her mad, but don't worry kitten, she'll definitely like you. What you're not getting cold paws are you?"

"First, stop doing all the cat stuff. And second, I'm not I'm just...nervous you know. She's one of my favorite authors and I never thought I would get to meet her...."

"Don't worry."

"But...what if she doesn't like me?"

"She will."

"What if I accidentally offend her?"

"I doubt you will."

"What if she thinks I'm weird?"

"Weeeellll....."

Blake then playfully elbows him in the chest as he pretends to be hurt.

"I'm serious, maybe....maybe we should just leave."

"Little too late now I'm afraid."

"Why?"

"Because while you were busy worrying, you didn't realize we already made it to the front."

"Next please." A voice says behind Blake causing her to stand straight and slowly turn around to see her: Patty Berdioler.

"Hi! You want me to sign your-" she then stops as she looks at [F/n] and smiles,

"Little pup? Is that you?"

[F/n] then begins to blush as Blake tries to hold in a laugh as he forgot about the embarrassing nickname she gave him,

"Hey Auntie Patty, long time no see." He says as she quickly gets up, he holds out his arms to hug her, but jumps slightly when she grabs his tail.

"Awww, your tail is still so soft."

After a moment of having his tail grabbed and people around chuckling at him, he quickly motions his tail out of her hands.

"Okay, that's enough."

"It's good to see you!" she says then hugging him," You're still growing like a tree!" She then looks at Blake," and who is this pretty girl? Is she your girrrrlfrieeeend?" She says teasing him.