Pt.13 Team SLVR Tales: Lana Viridian

(Pov:Lana)

I hide behind a tree, my blade ready, as I heard footsteps in the distance getting nearer. I tried to slow my breathing, as not to alert my attacker, as they crept even closer and with each step I could feel my heart thump. When I finally felt they were close I jump from my hiding spot with blade in hand yelling,

"Got you you nastu Gri-"

I stop however as noone was there. I quickly look around until I come face to face with my enemy.

"RAWR!" He yells loudly caysing me to scream as I fell back to the ground as he laughed, "ha, you're dead! I win!"

"No fair Kurt!"I said holding back tears,"You were supposed to come from that way!" I then point at the direction.

"Sorry shrimp, but Grimm don't always act the way you want to."

"Yea, but you're not a Grimm!"

"But I was playing one and if you plan on being in the army like mom and dad, you gotta learn that too."

"Hmph!" I say getting up and grabbing my wooden sword.

"Aw come on don't be mad little sis!" He says picking me up and swaying me around.

"I'm not mad, and I'm not little, I'm only 4 years younger then you!"

"Yea, Which makes you a little!" He said laughing.

"Kurtis and Lana!"I hear our father say," We're about to leave, make haste soldiers!"

At that Kurtis put me down, and holds out his hand,

"Come on best not make them wait or we'll have to do pushups again like last time."

"Yea let's hurry up!"I say rushing past him,"last one there is Grimm food!"

"Hey no fair!" He yells after me as we raced.

Getting there, mother and father were already wearing their uniforms ready to go, looking over from there conversation to see us.

"I win!" I yelled as I stopped a few feet away from them as Kurt stopped next to me.

"That was so not fair! You got a head start!"He says laughing as he catched his breathe.

"Aw come here my little soldiers!" My face said picking us up as we laughed, "tactics like that are good, but don't remember you work better as the team then anything else."

"Yes sir!" We both yelled doing a salute.

"Come now you three,"my mother said with her usual serious face,"we must be going back to Atlas now."

"Coming!" We all yelled in unison as father walked behind her.

My name is Lana Viridian, and I am, "was" an army brat, at least that's what Kurt used to call us.

My parents were high ranking soldiers known for their skills in combat, tactics, and efficiency. After meeting and marrying they had two children, my older brother Kurtis and myself.

Growing up the army was all I ever really knew and because my parents always moved around, We were homeschooled. Life was never easy living how we lived, not having many friends, but it worked for us as we all were a big happy family.

My father was a kind man, always known to have a smile on his face even when fighting against the enemy and was always keeping us laughing.

My mother was a scary yet reliable woman, who redesigned the phrase "stone wall" as she rarely smiled, but always had a maternal way of dealing with us.