Pt.12 Magic of the Wolf

(POV:[F/n])

Ozpin's office was quiet, if you didn't count the turning of the gears, as I sat on the floor looking at the still passed out Ruby as she laid on a sofa, one of which I don't ever remember seeing in all my times of being in here.

Despite all that happened, she seems to be resting somewhat peacefully as she lays on her side facing me. I try to think of what to say to her when she wakes up and whether so should thank her for saving me or yell at her for not leaving and getting hurt.

My thoughts stop however as she begins to twist and turn as if she was having a bad dream, I look at her for a moment and decide to gently brush my hand across her face which seems to calm her as her hand suddenly reaches for mine.

"How is she?"

I just up quickly as I turn to see Ozpin smiling at us as he walked in.

"She's good, really good." I say almost immediately feeling myself blush as he simply chuckles at my embarrassment, but as he gets to his desk, I look behind him towards the door for a couple of seconds before turning back, "Where's Lana?"

He sighs as he sits down in his chair interlocking his fingers together,

"Ms.Viridian has...decided to go back to Atlas."

"She WHAT!?" I yelled, "and you just let her!?"

"It was her decision to do so, I had-"

"CUT THE CRAP!!",I interrupted, "you really expect me to believe you, the guy that specifically chose us to be on this team, just let one of the only two on his special team go without a fight?"

"Try to understand that while I can work around certain angles when it comes to you, Lana is a different story."

"And just what exactly makes me more workaround then her!?"

As I say this he leans in and begins,

"What makes you more flexible than her in the simple fact that you were chosen by me and your circumstances involving your past crimes you'd rather not go to jail for, making you more workable with. Lana, on the other hand, wasn't chosen by me, but chosen by General Ironwood."

"The guy in charge of the Atlesian army?"

"the very same." he as he gets up and looks out his window for a moment giving me a moment to remember Ironwood.

In my past, his name was constantly thrown my way when I dealt with Atlas personnel before, hearing rumors about how cold and "professional" he is, though with a guy like that there's just as many bad as there are bad. Ozpin interrupts my thoughts as he continues,

"As you know, the last known team SLVR was from Atlas and as such, I ran by my plan to initiate such a team again for Vale and asked for his opinion. As we spoke, he mentioned a soldier who was the younger sister of one of the former members who's skills that surpassed even those with years of experience and allowed her to join, with the condition of team SLVR being able to work for Atlas as well in the circumstances if they need be and they have said so on her later endeavors, in which I agreed."

"So...she's basically here as a loan?"

"for a lack of better terms, yes."

"Okay, putting aside you guys treating her like a trading card, I still don't see how you don't have any control over her going back...unless..."I stopped and thought for a moment," she was asked to come back by Ironwood himself?"

"Correct," he says turning to me, "from what I assume from our brief conversation, Ironwood discovered some experimental projects were sent to Vale, in a way we still haven't figured out, and after finding you three, I was to assume she had them sent to her."