Pt.8 Steele Roses

(POV:[F/n])

*Some Days Later*

*pant* *pant* A-are we away from
them?

Yeah...we should be-

What was that!?

What?

You! You killed those people!

What did you expect? They were trying to kill us!

And that why I said "run", but you still stayed and killed them!

Look, I don't know what dream world you live in, but running doesn't help and they weren't gonna just leave us alone.

That doesn't mean you kill them! Doing that makes you no better than them!

WELL MAYBE I'M NOT BETTER THEN THEM!!!

I suddenly woke up breathing heavily as my dream seemed to shake me to my very soul and for a moment as flashing light seemed to flash across my eyes.

That...wasn't my memory... I think as someone suddenly knocks on my door. I sigh as I get up to see who it is and was surprised to be greeted with a rose, a Ruby Rose to be exact,

"Hey, I brought your homework for the week!" She says as she hands me a stack of papers.

"This early?"

"You know it's after three right?"

I then look at my clock and notice it's 3:45 p.m.

"Oh yea, well....thanks," I say as grabbing the papers from her and put them on the desk then walk towards the bathroom.

"Sorry the others didn't show: Blake had to take care of something, Yang had studying of her own to do and Weiss....was being Weiss."

"It's fine," I say splashing cold water on my face, "I'm honestly just happy to have company...which is a weird feeling for me."

"I guess that means we're finally becoming friends." She says excitedly behind me.

"Maybe..." I say not looking up from the sink as I grab a towel.

"So.....how are you holding up in here?"

"Well lets see," I say as I walk into the room wiping water off my face before I continue,"I've basically been grounded to my room under stupid reasons as "you threw the first punch" and "give you time to cool down", and I have to do homework in my room, as if doing it in class wasn't hard. So you tell me?"

Ruby didn't really know what to say as I sat down on my bed, honestly I don't blame her quietness as the whole situation is dumb as they make me stay in my room as "Cardin and the Hyenas" are free to go to class.

"Well, we're all just glad you weren't kicked out." She says sitting next to me.

"To be honest, kicking me out would have been better..."

"You can't really think that right?"

"Ruby, "I say looking at her seriously," do you really think isolating me away from everyone really the best way to solve this?"

"No, but-"

"You're right, it's not. I'm being treated like a criminal instead of a student while Cardin and his team are free to walk around with little to no punishment what so ever."

"Hey," she says putting a hand on my shoulder, "I'm sure Ozpin has his reasons to do this."

"That's just it, I don't know what he reasons are. First, he brings me hear talking about being better, then he has me doing missions that make me do what I used to do, then when something like this happens, I'm locked in my room. I don't get him at all, nor what his intentions are and it aggravates me."