Look

•••  

It's happened again

I can't tell you why or how

All I know is that I want you here and now

  •••  

Draco stood next to me on the steps, clutching my hand behind his back.

" I love you," he whispered, before he untangled his hand from mine and walked through the sea of Hogwarts students that parted immediately, as he walked towards Voldemort.

I bit back a sob as Voldemort grinned evilly at him.

"My dear boy, I couldn't help but notice you've let yourself care for a mudblood, is this true?" Voldemort asked.

My breath caught in my throat.

He had two options, tell the truth and him and I would probably die or lie and him and I would probably die.

"My Lord, I don't know what you're talking about," Draco gulped.

"Is that so? Perhaps we should ask Hermione Granger how she'd like to answer that question," All eyes fell to me.

"I have nothing to do with that prejudice pure blood," I gave my most convincing glare at Draco and I saw his lip quirk up.

"Then I suppose you wouldn't mind if..."

Voldemort pointed his wand at Draco's chest and my heart stopped, this was a test. He wouldn't really kill Draco, would he?

"Avada Kedavra!" He shouted.

"Draco!" I screamed.

People gasped in shock.

A blast of green knocked Draco to the ground, unmoving.

"No!" I screamed, sobbing as I pushed through the crowd to go to him.

Someone tried to pull me back, but I ripped myself away from their hold and flung myself onto Draco's unmoving body," Draco," I sobbed.

I closed my eyes and sobbed.

Two hands gripped my shoulders, shaking me.

I gasped as I opened my eyes, blinking through the tears to see Draco in front of me, "Hermione! Look, i'm okay. I'm okay! I'm right here, look!"

I reached out and touched my fingers to his warm lips and sobbed in relief.

He gripped me by the waist and pulled me into his lap, holding me against him as I cried into his shoulder, "You're okay, love, I promise."

• • •

Probably the shortest chapter I've ever written so sorry about that but short and sweet is good too.

Also, does anyone want me to continue this book?