Opperation Malfoys

•••

You've opened my eyes,

Made me realize,

You're the reason I'm a whole new guy

•••

I'd been so busy all these years I've been at Hogwarts, you know; studying, dealing with boys, oh yeah, and the whole being scared for my life constantly.

I hadn't really thought about the fact that there was going to be a time where I wouldn't be at Hogwarts anymore.

I wouldn't wake up to Ginny smacking me with her pillow, complaining that my snoring woke her up. I wouldn't sit in an overly crowded, extremely loud great hall while Ron ate enough food to last a bear through winter, and then come back for dessert.

I wouldn't be dragged to the quidditch practices or matches. I wouldn't be able to tuck myself away in my glamored corner in the library.

I wouldn't be home.

I shook myself out of my daze and grunted, looking down at my textbooks spread in my corner of the library. I had locked myself away in the library studying for the end of the year exams.

This year had flown by, but thankfully for a reason other than in fear and worry. It had flown by because I'd been surrounded with people that I loved and people that I have learned to love.

There were a mere two weeks left of the year and I had to admit; I was going to miss living with Blaise, Pansy, Harry, Ginny... and of course, Draco.

Draco and I have been very happy. Ever since winter, when Draco broke up with me for stupid reasons. We've grown over the past year.

Draco continues to sweep me off my feet being the bloody romantic he is. The amount of times he's convinced me to sneak off grounds to hogsmeade is incredible.

He's got the perfect amount of recklessness to compensate for my cautiousness. And I have the perfect amount of common sense to compensate for Draco's lack thereof.

I groaned, shaking my head at my lack of brain functionality. I decided I wasn't getting any more studying in today, it was nearly dinner, I'd come back afterwards.

I packed my things and made my way to the common room, a small smile on my face.

Draco's POV

I was staring at four of my roomates, two of which were extremely unexpected.

Ginny rose an eyebrow up at me, a grin slung across her face, "That's your plan?"

I sighed, nodding, "Just- act sad, okay. I need her not to suspect anything."

Blaise's face screwed up with confusion, "Why would we need to act sad?"

"You guys are sad about this?" I asked, taken aback.

"Of course we are!" Potter exclaimed, "Regardless of our pasts, I for one am very glad I got to get to know you three. Even if you are Slytherin."

My appreciation for the scar head increased dramatically and I nodded at him, "Well- I just didn't think you guys would be that sad after all-"

I immediately cut off when the portrait opened and Hermione walked in, her bushy hair somehow more wild than usual. Her hair always seemed to act up while she was studying.

I couldn't help the grin that slid onto my face as I saw her smiling at me, "Love, you're back!"

She nodded, rubbing her eyes, "Yeah, and I'm about to collapse," She plopped down her bag by my feet and rubbed my shoulder affectionately before climbing the steps, yawning, "Roll me over if I take up too much room."

I grinned at her as she walked away. That's my Hermione, always considerate.

"Alright, operation Malfoys is underway," I grinned, turning back to face them.

I was wide awake, brushing the hair out of Hermione's eyes.

She tilted her head to rest on my chest with a soft sigh.

I grinned down at her, feeling so incredibly happy.

Hermione was the best thing that has happened to me and will continue to be the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is the reason I am who I am today. She changed me from a stuck up, privileged, arrogant prick to become a slightly less arrogant, slightly more considerate, still privileged, some might argue still a prick.

We're still working on it.

I untangled myself from Hermione, pressing a kiss to her forehead before slipping on a jacket and stepping through the door.

Blaise was sitting next to the fire, laughing at something Potter had said, who was sitting across from him on his own sofa.

I smirked at the two of them while Blaise gave me two thumbs up and Potter grinned, "Good luck, mate."

I grinned at him, nodding in thanks. He nodded in acknowledgment.

That seemed to be our way of communicating. I wasn't complaining.

I opened the portrait and waved back at Lily, who immediately burst into a fit of giggles. I made my way through the corridors, not worrying about being caught since curfew didn't apply to me.

I made it to the gargoyle guarding McGonagall's office.

I remembered what Potter had told me not too long ago, "Lemon drop."

The gargoyle shifted with a great groan and I wiped my hands on my slacks before climbing the stairs.

I knocked on the wooden door and my ears strained to hear a faint, "Come in."

I swung open the door and saw McGonagall, head tilted down as she looked at me from behind her glasses.

She pursed her lips slightly, "Mr. Malfoy. What can I do for you?"

I scratched my neck as I approached, "Well, since you asked..."

• • •
Ooh, cliffhanger. Slightly happy with this chapter... finally. I plan on wrapping this story up in two more chapters, so stay tuned.

Thank you for almost 600 followers! Y'all are amazing. Thank you for your reading, voting, and commenting!