Chapter 17

Dual's POV

For the next two days I was healing. From the broken ribs that I've never known about. The cuts that ran along my stomach. They figured that I couldn't die that easily, not broken bones or cuts here and there. I caught up on what had happened  the two and a half days that I was gone and found out that Cas and Cay nearly went crazy and so did dad.

I knew that school was going to be weird taken what happened last week. I knew it started on Monday and we had a week off. It was Thursday afternoon and we were going to a store to by me some regular fitting clothes, sense I am bigger and can't fit into anything. I was dressed in sweets and a t-shirt that dad had gave me with my hair french braided around my head, apparently Cas knew how to french braid. So I put his skills to the test. He did have a hard time with how much hair I had, but, it was done. I had also washed and fixed most of the cuts in my jacket and made sure that it was always full of weapons. After I came back I was so jumpy that I pulled a knife on Cas. I haven't gotten any better besides that I wasn't pulling a knife out on someone who walked up beside me. 

Speaking of Cas, I didn't know how to put it but, we stole kisses at night when he would pop in my room. Or at night before I went to bed. I wanted to be more with him, it felt right but... he was my dad's best friend. I told Caleb about the kisses, he didn't seem upset or even mad, sense he knew where I was coming from. He wasn't jealous, or anything, he was happy for me.

 We had drove for a good forty-five minutes and then we pulled up to a mall that probably ran a half a mile. I haven't been to a mall in months. We got out and I saw cay opening the back seat of the car. It was just me, Cay and dad. I had been told that the hunt Tabby, Caleb's mom, was on was bigger than she thought. I offered to help her but she denied. 

I had asked Cay if he wanted to see the thirteen year old me, or now me. He said that the real me was always the best me and the one he wanted to see. So I didn't change my appearance in his eyes or anyone at home. I didn't change it for people I didn't know, I had asked Rowena if I saw someone I knew at school and I didn't change the picture in their minds what would I do? She simply said, 'change it right away then, they would just think their imagining things.' It didn't really answer my question for her but, oh well.

I looked around as we walked to the first teenager clothing store we came across, I didn't look at the name. I was getting strange looks, now that I was only three inches shorter than my dad. I think that the people staring was my clothes, my jacket had the bullet holes in my right shoulder, dad and Sammy had told me not to fix those because the kids at school might notice. I walked over to the girls section in the store to find some jeans that I would try on in a fitting room because I don't know my size. I saw a rack of flannels and I instantly walked over there looking back and smiling at Caleb. Dad had wandered off and I looked around to see him at a magazine rack, I didn't even want to know what he was smiling about. I looked through the flannels to see if I could find the right size. 

I wasn't over weight, but I had the some small abs that I noticed the other day, you had too have some to survive in Purgatory. Cay got my attention by snapping is fingers in my face.

"Whats your favorite color?" I didn't want to say black but the runner up would red.

"Red? why?" It was just then that a red little dragon stuffed animal came flying at my head. I caught it with deadly speed. I looked at it and smiled, I looked up to see dad smiling at me as he was standing in front of a shelf full of the dragon teddies in different colors. 

For the rest of the day in well into the night we were at the mall, shopping, eating food, all of it. The drive back was me in the front seat dosing off to the rumble of the Impala and hum of Metallica. Caleb was also sleeping in the back.

I think he has grown on my dad.

When we pulled into the garage I was in the weird state of I can hear but I don't wanna get up just yet. I felt my body being picked up and cradled to someones chest. I felt long hair tickle my cheek so I knew it was Sammy so I rapped my arms around his neck and buried my head in his shoulder. I think sense Sammy got me that Dad and gotten Caleb but they might have just woke him up. 

Sammy laid me down on my bed and I kicked off my boots and heard the boots and the knives that were in them. I pulled off one sleeve of my jacket and rolled over in my bed so I could get the other arm. I heard Sammy start to open the door.

"Thanks Sammy." I mumble in the abyss of the wake/sleep thing that I was in. I felt that he smiled at me and he walked out of the door he just opened. I opened my eyes and stood up. Making sure that I didn't step on the daggers that were now spread around my room. My wings had taken shape and were rapped around me in a shell. I finished pulling off my jacket and set it on my desk. I looked to see my obsidian sword on the desk. I ran my pointer finger along the bone that made its handle. I pulled off my shirt and threw it at the basket in the corner which held my dirty clothes that soon needed to be washed.

I was about to pull of my pants so I could put on some pajamas on but I heard the flap of wings behind me. I turned around and saw Cas standing there in his trench coat glory. I felt the shiver that ran up my spine at the tips of my wings. I strut up to him and went on my toes to give him a hot kiss and he instantly kissed me back. I ran a hand under his coat tugged it off, it fell to the floor around his feet. I felt Cas run his hands over the bottom feathers near my back. Those were the most sensitive feathers for pain or pleasure. It drove me crazy.

I kissed him deeply, more so than before. I pushed him back on the bed braking our kiss. I heard the sound of two shoes hitting the floor. I looked at Cas who was laying on my bed with only his suit on. His wings, that were now physical to me. I leaned down on him making our lips meet once again. But this time it was my turn to mess with his feathers.

I gently stroked those sensitive feathers near his back. He broke up the kiss and begged me to stop, and I complied. I stopped driving him crazy with his wings feathers and I just pouted at him. I sat up with my knees on either side of his waist and I crawl off him to me side of the bed while Cas went to his and he held me in his arms until I fell asleep to his warm embrace. 

Which was the best heaven I could ever ask for. 

----------

Not edited.

Sorry for the short chapter.

-S