II

This chapter includes some minor spoilers from The Ring... except it's a bootleg version. 

Midoriya steps out of the boys dorm's shared shower houses, sighing and crouching in the hallway to repack his things. The metal door swings shut behind him with a thud. Taking out his notebook and rereading over the notes taken earlier day. He hums a small refrain that someone was playing on the piano downstairs, the soft keys echoing through the vents, right into the shower houses. Thoughts swim through his mind as he tries to remember the pace that picked up towards the middle of the song until he's distracted by a pressure on his shoulder. He looks up to see Iida, wearing Ingenium sweatpants and a tank top, pressing his large hand on his shoulder.

"Midoriya! The movie's going to start soon!" Iida chastises, motioning at his clothes- clearly not pajamas. He jumps up a bit, surprised at how much time has passed. He frantically shoves his book back into his bag, a couple of papers crumpled in the process, and zips it up. 

"Really? I was in there for a while!" He glances back at the door and stands up, picking his bag up with a small grunt. Iida nods, looking down the hallway, a little shaken. "What's wrong?"

"Hm? What do you mean?" Iida sounds slightly surprised.

"You just look a little spooked. Do you... not like scary movies?" Deku questions, tilting his head slightly. He starts walking towards his dorm, his taller friend following behind. 

"Of cou-course not! As a hero in training I feel as if it's of utmost importance to not fear senseless things like ghosts and... demons." He stands up a little bit straighter, adjusting his glasses so they sit up higher on his nose. Midoriya laughs, opening his door and walking into the bathroom to change into his pajamas. "Besides, they don't exist, so there's no need to be afraid of them..."

"Yeah, that's one way to look at it," He peeks out the door to shoot a grin at his clearly shaken friend. "Uraraka couldn't have chosen something too bad anyways."

Iida sighs. "You can't be too sure about that."

Midoriya stares into his reflection in the mirror and threads his hands through his hair, shaking it out a bit and sending small water droplets in every direction. His eyes dance over his dark freckles on his mocha-coloured skin, repeating the same movements over the dots as he's always done. After the routine, he slips on some All Might pajamas and an oversized t-shirt. "You can go through the fridge in the corner to look for some snacks if you'd like. There's not much sweet though."

The sound of shuffling and the fridge door opening with a small pop sounds through the small dorm. "I would be concerned as your friend if there was much sweets. I'm glad you eat healthy at the very least."

He shrugs, stepping out of the bathroom and tossing his towel on the bed before sitting down, smiling as Iida rummages through his fridge. 

"What were you doing in the shower that would've taken you that long, though?" Iida turns towards him, an apple in hand. 

"Just mentally going over some notes that we took in class. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't forget any of it."

"Studious as always. Do you think anything would happen during the internships?" He sits down on the floor, taking  large bite of the apple and staring right at Midoriya with vibrant blue eyes.

The freckled boy stares up at the ceiling, sighing softly. "I hope not... UA seems to have a plan for if anything does, right?"

"Rumor has it that every student is going to have at least two pro heroes around them, just in case anything were to happen." They both turn to the boy leaning against the doorframe. Todoroki looks at the two of them. "At least that's what I've heard"