Holiday Special

Aizawa sits in the busy bar, sipping at one of the drinks that Midnight had practically thrown at him. Her antler headband nearly took out his eye before he shoved her off him. 

"You smell like a bar," He grumbles, wrapping his scarf tighter around himself. 

"And I'm not allowed to?"Nemuri crosses her arms, throwing her black braid behind her back. "Let loose, Shota. It's the holidays." Her tone softens as she lays a comforting hand on his shoulder. He shrugs her off and takes his hairband out, letting his thick black locks fall around his face. He bites it and bunches up the hair, pulling it back into a loose bun. 

"I can't exactly party while my students are struggling," He retorts, feeling his shoulders tense under his ugly sweater. Mic suggested that everyone wear one and since he didn't own one, his blonde coworker took the liberty of buying him one. With cats on it eating snowflakes. And, if you bumped his shoulders or hips the wrong ways, the sweater would emit the most broken meows Aizawa had every heard. 

It was horrendously beautiful, if he had to be honest. 

The only downside was that he couldn't nudge things out of the way or bump into the table without everyone's attention being drawn to him because he was a walking cat cafe. 

"Sho. Everyone's having a hard time. You can't let it control your life or it'll haunt you until your dead," She flicks her wrist, spilling some wine on her bright red dress. She swears, dabbing at it with some napkins that sat on the bar. 

"Who would've guessed that you're a philosophical drunk," He mutters, taking a sip of his own wine. It burns his throat a bit and he makes a face, staring into the deep red that sat in the glass. 

"Seriously Shouta," She stares into his eyes, lips forming a small pout. "Let it go. Please?"

He sighs, standing and grabbing his drink. "Sure. What the hell." He mutters. She slings a toned arm over his shoulder, grinning at him. 

"Thanks, Eraser."

He nods and watched her saunter off stoically, seeing the bartender watch her go less stoically. He pushes his way through the crowd to the main area, trying to find a group to sneak into for some slight conversation. His stomach twists as the room seems to get louder. He rubs his temples, glaring daggers at the drunk man next to him who was yelling at the top of his lungs. 

"You're being too loud," His friend grabs his tie and yanks him back, nearly choking the man. The blonde lets go after some grunts from the man and he bumps into him. The blonde turns and apologizes to him quickly, grabbing a teenager who had started to wander off from their group. "Ice!" He hisses under his breath. 

"Woooow, who's being disruptive now?!" The spiky haired man laughs, earning himself another tie yank from the shorter man. 

"Sorry about them." The teenager mumbles, his deep purple eyes staring into Aizawa's own black ones. The hero just nods, turning away and trying to disappear back into the crowd. The tall blonde man grabs his arm and stops him. 

"Yo! Are you uh..." He trail off, knitting his eyebrows together. 

"Eraser." A tall blonde man with glasses finishes the other man's question. The other man clicks his tongue and finger-guns the tall blonde, who glares down at him with stern teal eyes. 

"Yeah, him!" He yells, taking another swig. Aizawa nods, a little suspicious of the group. 

"One of your friends was looking for you!" A short blonde man chimes in. "He said his name was... Hiza... Hi..." He taps his chin. 

"Hizashi?" Aizawa mumbles. The man nods and tells him that he saw him go off towards the entrance. He thanks the group and starts for the door, glad that he had an excuse to leave. The bar was getting too hot and his hair had started sticking to his forehead, slick with sweat. He loosens his tie as he walks out the doors, a gust of cold December wind whipping around him. He finds his friend propped against the brick wall, a cigar hanging from his lips. He stares out at the city lights with his square glasses propped down on his nose, his neon green eyes watching the happy people pass.