IV

With the sounds of birds chatting from his windowsill, Midoriya awakes to a new morning. He feels an ache in his head as he rolls over and he groans, quickly reaching up to rub the wound. The events of the previous night, temporarily forgotten, flood into his mind an he feels another wave of anxiety. He flips over again, reaching for his bedside table. He sighs, flicking the button and displaying a wave of messages from his friends. 

Uraraka:

Morning Deku! How do you feel? You got pretty hurt yesterday! The internships start up today too!!! I'm so glad they didn't postpone them!!

He smiles, swiping the screen so he can view the others' messages too. 

Iida:

Midoriya wake up! Class begins soon- and you don't live close enough to be able to wait so long before getting ready!

Checking the clock, the boy chuckles to himself. They still had an hour before class began, and it was only a fifteen-minute walk to get to the school. Knowing Iida, he was already sitting in class and reading or studying or doing... well, whatever Iida does with a free hour in school. Swiping again, his eyes widen at the strange message his other friend left. Of course, Todoroki has always been cryptic and mysterious, but this was a lot. 

Todoroki:

I have something of yours.

Chills run throughout his entire body, and he feels a bit uncomfortable. He really needs to be a little more specific- just saying that is kinda scary!

Sending quick texts to everyone, he stands out of his bed and stretches, looking around his childhood bedroom. He hadn't changed it since he was a kid- his interests haven't changed since then either. His room, much like his dorm, is covered top-to-bottom in All-Might memorabilia. He sighs, looking along the row of his old notebooks. He started writing them the second he knew how to write- his mom even helped him keep note before that. He shrinks a little, remembering the most recent- arguably the most detailed and important- that got lost in the chaos yesterday. The one that was filled not only with important notes on heroes, but also villains and their techniques. He thought it'd be important to know what he was going against and use their own moves against them- but that was all gone now. Shaking the thought from his mind, he makes his way over to the closet. Grabbing his uniform, he quickly changes and walks out to the kitchen, where his mom is cooking pancakes on the stove. 

He kisses her on the cheek- as was routine when he was living there- and makes his way over to the table. 

"How are you feeling today, Izuku?" She asks, walking over to the table and placing a huge pile of pancakes in the center. He feels himself drool a bit over the smell, and he quickly takes a large stack. His mom laughs. 

"Good. A little sore, but I should really get used to that, right?" He shoves a huge piece into his mouth and tries to smile. She nods, busying herself with her own plate. 

"Your internships begin today, right?" She asks, looking at him with a wary smile. 

"Mhm. I'm going to be training with Gran Torino again!" 

"He called the house this morning." Midoriya choked a bit, and tried to cover it with a laugh. After what happened during the last internship, he understood a bit of All Might's far against the man. He was kind, yes. And strict. And intimidating as hell. H shivered a bit as his mother went on. "I've heard that he's taking on another student along with you."

"What? Did he mention who?" He asks, putting his fork down to grab another stack of pancakes. His mother slightly scolds him. 

"Don't eat too fast- you'll feel fuller if you actually taste the food! And no, I don't think he ever mentioned it. After your close encounter last time, I don't think he wanted for you to have someone to travel with- so if something does happen like that, you'll have some backup. You and your friends got lucky that Endeavor was in the right place like that!" She sighs a bit, looking a bit glum.