XIX

A/N: Just gonna let you guys know- this is a flashback!

And a big ol' TW: Needles, abuse

"I can't believe that they found him! And chased him back to where we were!" Shigaraki screams, scratching his neck in frustration. "Those little brats!" He stomps around the bar, huffing as he yanks at his hair.

"Calm down, Shigaraki." Kurogiri mutters, throwing the rag he was using to clean the bar off to the side. "We'll be fine, they didn't make it that far."

"They made it far enough for us to move!" Twice exclaims bitterly. "I was really likin' that bar, y'know!"

"I agree," Toga runs her thumb over the jukebox. "This one is really run down."

"The other one was run down too," Magne sighs, running her hands through her hair, frustrated. "I just miss my table."

"It just doesn't feel like home," Toga groans, sitting on one of the stools. Dabi rolls his eyes, crossing his arms and standing in the doorway. And what exactly does home feel like? He wants to yell. When was the last time any of us had a home? He runs his thumb over the burn scars on his arms, shoving away the images of his family that flashed through his eyes. Ten years old, stealing from people on the streets. Thirteen and hiding in an alley from the people that wanted to being him back to his family. Fifteen, fighting for money. Eighteen, killing for money. And finally 25, in the notorious League of Villains.

Funny how life works out, he scoffs mentally.

"Well, now what? They're hot on our tail and he-" The silver-haired man nods at the boy, unconscious in his chair. "he's in no shape to be fighting yet! He's in no way powerful enough and without the boss to help us what do we have?" The sides of his head had been shaved, covered in scars. Some of his bushy green hair remains on the top of his head, sticking to his forehead with sweat. The short hair reveals layers of scars and stitches from the experiments. He remembers the boy from the forest, how determined he was at saving his friend.

The doctor waddles towards the center of the circle, taking a long puff from his cigar. He stares at the boy, adjusting his glasses on his nose. "He's powerful and skilled. His quirk didn't develop until very late in life- which is likely the reason why it's so strong. He just needs another quirk to enhance it. If his quirk is this similar to the old number one hero's... it would only be stronger with the help of the new number one's quirk."

The man whips his head to Dabi, who freezes under his gaze. "What are you talking about old man?" He growls.

"He needs flame," The man strides towards him, reaching up to touch the boy's face. Dabi scrunches his nose in disgust and slaps it away.

"Our quirks are different," Dabi leans back against the wall, feeling hands grab his arms and pin them to his sides. "It would never work."

"How would we know unless we tried?"

Feeling panic rise in his chest, he looks pleadingly to Toga and Twice, who turn their heads away. He whips his head around to stare at Magne, who continues to stare blankly at her empty glass. The people holding him captive throw him to the floor, pinning him down so he's unable to move.

"It'd be too risky. You can't replace my quirk if something goes wrong!" He yells. Silence falls over the room.

"Fire isn't exactly the most rare quirk, boy." The doctor retorts, grabbing a small needle from his pocket. "Your power and his- he'd be unstoppable!"

"Get the fuck off me!" Dabi screams, grabbing at the arm of whoever holds him down and igniting it. It responds with a little chirp-screech as the man feels his face pale. A fire-proof Nomu, he thinks, desperately lighting the fire hotter and hotter. His skin burns as it did when he first used his quirk, while him and his father were training.