Your hero

"Holy shit Y/N"!
Gavin ran over to you cupping your face in his hands. You sat pathetically on the ground while your tears washed away the last bits of makeup that you still had on.

"Did he hurt you? Fuck"!
Gavin asked quickly noticing the redness on your cheek.

"Am I really that".
You paused, the words weren't coming out properly.
"Unlovable"?
You looked up into his eyes as he took your hands in his.

"No no! Of course not, you're amazing! He's a fucking loser who doesn't know what he's saying"!
Gavin reassured you pulling you into a tight hug. Gavin made you feel so happy, even in times of trauma.

"Hey, I'll cancel dinner tonight, we can head back to my place and eat there if you want"?
Gavin grabbed your hand helping you stand up.

"That sounds great".
You smiled weakly dusting yourself off as you noticed something by his feet.

"You got roses for me"?
He swivelled his neck around viewing the heap of flowers on the ground.

"Yeah".
He blushed. Lately Gavin had been showing you the softer parts of his personality. Throwing away the 'ill fucking break your nose' mask and showing you the fluffy and cute side of him. It was almost comical how his personality had changed since you had first met him, going from 'let's just be partners' to 'let's casually have sex in the medical office'.

Maybe it really was meant to be, love at first sight maybe? You didn't really believe in that kind of junk but hey, ya never know. It's to bad you had to cancel your dinner plans, Gavin had gotten all dressed up for you. He was wearing a white button down dress shirt with a navy blue vest jacket. He even wore a tie!

He is so fucking cute

"Oh Gavin you shouldn't have".
You hugged him again. Feeling his arms wrap around you.

"Why don't you go clean yourself up, my cars parked outside, come out when you're ready".
He winked at you and you went to go get dressed.

6:12 pm

You quickly touched up  your makeup and changed into some comfortable clothes. Black leggings and a simple graphic T. You looked at yourself in the mirror one last time.

Maybe I am unloveable

You examined yourself, eyeing every flaw. You weren't even focusing on looks a this point, you were criticizing your personality as well.

He cheated for a reason didn't he? Was I not good enough for him? Will I be good enough for Gavin?

You sighed deeply grabbing your purse still examining yourself in the mirror.

No, I am fucking amazing and if Jacob can't see that then it's his loss

You slapped a fake smile across your face and walked out of your bedroom. Self confidence isn't something you always lacked but ever since Jacob had cheated, you couldn't help but hate every part of you. You tried to act like you didn't care, you tried to pretend like people's words didn't get to you but the emotional wall you built wouldn't last forever.

...

"Ready to go"?
Gavin asked as you opened the door to his car.

"Yeah".
You smiled warmly buckling your seatbelt.

"I'm really sorry about tonight".
Gavin apologized starting up the vehicle.

"Don't be, you saved me actually".
You laughed a little as you watched the dark sky start to rain.

"Hopefully he won't come back".
Gavin prayed. You wondered where he was right now, you wondered what he would've done to you if Gavin hadn't shown up when he did. Where would you be right now? So many questions but no answers.

"You know, I have no idea what I would've done without you".
You confessed exhaling loudly.

"It's nothing, he was kinda weak anyways".
Gavin boasted smirking at you slightly.

"Oh really"?
You teased as he ruffled his hands through his hair.

"Oh for sure, I could've taken him with one hand"!
He bragged more as you watched him sarcastically flex one of his arms.

"Well why didn't you"?
You grinned waiting for his salty comeback.

"Didn't wanna make him feel TO bad about himself, ya know"?
He joked as you came to a halt at a traffic light. He was such a player but you enjoyed his teasing.

"You're such a dog".
You rolled your eyes playfully. Gavin truly was your hero right now, without his help Jacob could have done much worse than a slap to the face. But that was over now, you didn't need to worry about it anymore.

...

The 2 of you made it to his apartment which was just over a 5 minute rive from your house.
"Hey guys"!
Gavin laughed as 2 fluffy cats ran up to him once he opened his front door.

"Oh my gosh"!
You smiled patting a fluffy orange cat on the head.

"That devil you've got there is Bolt, he's a Scottish fold".
He explained closing the door behind him as the large cat purred brushing its face against your hand.

"And this is Moxie, she's a Munchkin cat".
He scooped her up in his arms petting her soft fur.

"I wanted to name Bolt 'Shithead' (pronounced Shi-theed) but i didn't think anyone else would understand it".
He stroked Moxies beige fur as your eyes widened.

"Are you kidding me? I was born in 2003 of course I remember that"!
You laughed scratching Bolt behind his ears.

"Thank god, i was hoping you'd get it, no one else seems to understand that humour anymore".
Gavin joked reminiscing on his childhood .

"I just have a good memory i guess".
You chuckled as Bolt wiggled away from you.

"Well you sure know your cats".
You complimented as Gavin placed Moxie down on the ground.

"Yeah, my moms a veterinarian who specializes with cats, I grew up with like 5 of them running around the house".
He chuckled as he hung up his jacket on the coat wrack.

"I'm gonna get changed out of this formal ass get up, we can discuss dinner after".
Gavin informed you as he turned the corner walking towards his bedroom.

...

Gavins apartment was surprisingly well kept, everything was neatly organized down to the neat pile of coasters on his coffee table. You noticed a few family photos hanging up on the walls, only one of which included a picture of Elijah.

God, they looked so similar, how could I have been so blind?

You examined his apartment some more noticing some sort of gaming console sitting underneath his wall mounted TV. He seemed like a pretty interesting guy, you were excited to get to know him better.