Together Forever

6:30 am Wednesday January 4th 2040

The sound of light rain sprinkling outside woke you from your slumber as you rolled over onto your side to check the time.

6:30 am.

You still had another half an hour until you needed to wake up. Gavin was already awake, he said he needed to get to work early today but didn't specify why.

Gavin had moved in with you nearly 6 months ago right after your 6 month anniversary. Of course Moxie and Bolt moved in as well and they were surprisingly good to Emmy who was used to being a lone wolf.

Of course him moving in with you had it's ups and downs but you still enjoyed having someone to wake up with every morning and go to bed with every night.

You lay in your bed staring at the ceiling in anticipation. Today was your one year anniversary at the DPD. Obviously you didn't expect anything special but it was still an exciting day for you.

You closed your eyes again as you listened to the muffled sounds of the city which were remarkably soothing.

Ever since you had met Gavin your life had taken a turn for the best. You were now a detective at the DPD living with the love of your life. You had even started speaking with your old friends that you had cut off after you and Jacob split.

Speaking of Jacob, you hadn't heard from him since the incident about a year ago. But it's not like you cared where he was now. You had Gavin and 3 fluffy little cats to keep you company.

You felt yourself grow happier and happier as you began to fall back asleep. You just couldn't help yourself from smiling like a fool. You were living the dream.

7:00 am

You groaned as the sound of your alarm clock woke you up. Emmy playfully jumped onto your head startling you as you tried to sit up.

"Woah Emmy chill"!
You laughed as you pushed her off your head.

"And here are the rest of you".
You chuckled as Moxie and Bolt both scampered into your bedroom.

You played around with them for a bit until you had to get ready for work. It was weird getting ready without Gavin, you'd been so used to it for the last 6 months.

It was nice having some time away from him although it was still a little odd having your morning breakfast without him across the table from you.

9:00 am

You walked into the precinct as regular with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Morning".
You waved to the android receptionist who smiled back at you.

"Shit".
Your jaw dropped as you walked through the main entrance area of the station.

"Happy one year at the DPD babe".
Gavin had placed a bunch of balloons and a little gift basket on your desk.

"Oh Gavin".
You ran over to him placing your items on your chair and running into his arms.

"You're so sweet".
You muffled into his jacket collar as he embraced your hug.

"Hey, it's the least I could do".
You pulled away from the hug as he kissed you gently on the forehead.

"I can't believe I've survived one year working with Gavin Reed".
You giggled sarcastically.

"I can't believe I've survived one year with you".
He rolled his eyes as you saw Hank approach from behind him.

"Happy one year kid".
Hank smiled as he placed a hand on Gavin's shoulder.