I love you

6:30 am Friday January 14th

"Y/N".
A soft hand nudged you in the back awaking you from your slumber.

"Y/N".
The quiet voice called out again.

"Let me sleep".
You groaned pulling the blankets over your head.

"You need to get ready, we're meeting Hank and Gavin for breakfast".
Connor replied lifting the covers off of himself.

"I wanna sleep".
You whined rubbing your eyes slowly while you leisurely slipped out of bed.

You were hungover again, this was starting to be a routine for you. You walked over to your suitcase trying to find something to wear.

"What's the weather gonna be like today".
You shouted to Connor who was in the bathroom getting changed.

"It is currently 64 degrees Fahrenheit with a light breeze coming in from the-".

"Is it gonna be hot or not".
You cut him off.

"Hot".
He opened the door and walked into the room. He was wearing a light blue polo with a pair of light brown khaki shorts.

"Love the outfit".
You complimented walking into the bathroom to get dressed. You decided to wear a short lacy blue sundress which coincidentally matched with the colour of Connors shirt.

You applied your makeup as normal going a bit heavier with the concealer attempting to hide the dark circles under your eyes. You finished by slipping a fake wedding ring around your finger, Connor already had his on.

The 2 of you made your ways down to the lobby meeting Gavin and Hank at 7:30 on the dot.

"Hey love birds".
Hank joked while Gavin stated blankly at his phone screen.

"I'm starving, let's get some food".
You grabbed Connors hand gingerly leading him towards the restaurant.

Gavin seemed unfazed. He was rather quiet and kept to himself while you and Connor looked for a table. It was unusual for him to act like this, he was probably still shaken by the events last night, you wouldn't be surprised if he was.

"I see them".
Connor suddenly grabbed your attention.

"Wait, where"?
You whispered eyeing the large crowds that filled the restaurant.

"Booth 7".
Connor whispered to you while smiling at the hostess. He held you hand in his while Gavin and Hank trailed behind you.

"Reporting to Fowler right now".
Connors LED spun yellow.

"They're leaving Connor what do we do".
You panicked as you watched the couple stand up and begin to walk towards the exit.

"I'll follow them discretely until Fowler has a team down here, you three eat without me".
Connor let go of your hand and turned around leaving the area as fast as he could.

"Yeah you're not going alone kid".
Hank caught up with him leaving you and Gavin alone in the middle of the restaurant.

Awkward silence. Fuck you hated this, why did hank have to leave? You were alone with the love of your life who as of last night, actually hated your guts.

"Care to join me for breakfast"?
You laughed nervously watching him place his phone in his pocket.

"I've got nothing better to do".
He mumbled and you lead him to a table.

"So, you enjoying the weather"?
You asked finding a nice table for 2.

"Yep".
He responded abruptly picking up the menu and reading it carefully.