Chapter 1

Dean POV:

I adjust the radio's volume while driving the car to drop my cousin Baron at the airport. I don't want to go there because I already have an appointment at Dolph's house with my other friends to chat about tonight's plan.

If I told my parents that I'd work, they would start to argue with me again to take care of the business with Baron, so I didn't have any other way than to drop him off instead of going there. I know it's a waste of time, but I have to do this.

I sigh when I reach the airport and tap on the steering wheel impatiently for him to take his things out. Usually, he would take a lot of time to grab all his things whenever he left. As he gets out of the car, I wave a hand at him and watch him until he is out of sight.

When I start the car, I hear a buzzing sound from the backseat. I know what it has to be, so I roll my eyes and look around, finding his phone on the floor of the car. Is it his entertainment to forget things or my working time to search for him?

I sigh and mumble frustratedly, "He doesn't change a bit from his school days to forget his things, even if he is a talent business person!" I shake my head and ruffle my hair, leaning forward to take the phone. I swipe the screen to unlock it and notice a call from my uncle Bryan.

I drive the car slowly out of the way and drop it in the parking lot before going inside and starting to search him. While searching for him in the departure area, I see a girl with blonde hair, wearing a blue sleeveless stripe dress, passing over me with her bags in her hands.

I think it's not bad that I have sacrificed my appointment. I smile widely and move to approach the girl but stop when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I grit my teeth and turn around to see Baron standing behind me with his eyebrows raised. "What are you doing here?" He asks, giving me a confused look.

"..I just, hmm... you missed your phone in the car!" I grab his hand and give the phone to him. If I start talking to him, he will continue rambling something until his flight takes off. Without waiting for his response, I walk away to search for her and hear him yelling from behind, "Take care."

I turn around and wave a hand at him before going to search for her. I scout for her in the whole airport, but I can't find her, so I frustratedly make my way out to go to the parking lot. I kinda feel disappointed for not getting her phone number, at least.

A smirk forms on my face when I find her on the pavement with her bags in one hand and her phone in the other. But now, she looks a little irritated. I think maybe she's been irritated because no one is here to pick her up.

Don't worry, baby. I'll help you!

I get in the car and start the engine as I watch her every move. I stop the car in front of her and drop the window to look at her. "Hey pretty, why are you standing here?" I ask in a flirting tone.

She gives me a weird look and checks me out before looking away. "I'm waiting for my cousin." She calls someone on the phone and waits for their response. "He told me that he would be here before I arrived, but now.."

From the look on the blonde's face, I'm sure that the person doesn't respond to her call. Maybe God has planned that I want to drop her at her house. "May I help you?" I hold my hand out and hope she will accept my offer.

She looks around helplessly and nods her head slowly, "...Yeah, sure." Her answer cheers me up, so I show her the passenger seat excitedly and let her hop in. It's gonna be a great day!

When she gets in the car, I start to drive to the address which she has given. I thought she was a shy and innocent girl, but I found I was wrong after I had chatted with her. She talks to me and flirts with me during the entire drive. Without my suggestion, she also shares her phone number with me and tells me that she will call later when she has free time.

I drop her in front of a two-story house which is one of the smallest in that block. I can't believe she is going to stay here since I've talked and noticed her attitude. One thing that I can understand: Don't judge a book by its cover. If we flip a page over, we will find whether the book fits our taste or not.

I have the intention once to know about her, but now I'm not because she can't adjust to the characters of my family and me. I will wait until I find the right person to share my life with. I sigh and wave a hand at her as she enters the house. "Bye, baby."

She blushes and drops her bags at the gate before coming back to me and kissing my cheek. "See you, handsome. I'll call you later." She says seductively and waves a hand at me. With that, I give her a soft smile and drive the car to Dolph's house.

Roman POV:

I'm waiting for my cousin Renee at the airport for almost half an hour, but she is nowhere to be found. I knew she would be mad at me for not attending her call, but what could I do? I didn't notice the phone was in silent mode at that time.

A few minutes later, I get a call from my mom, and she informs me that my cousin has reached there already. I thank God for making her arrive at the house safely because she is new to this place. We're responsible for it if anything happens to her.

I sigh and start the car to return to where I've come from urgently. When I reach the house, I feel great, as I see my brother Seth smiling at something that Renee has told him. I want to fix this smile permanently on his face.

I throw the car keys on the coffee table and go toward them. "Hey baby girl, how are you?" I ask, grabbing her hand and swirling her in the air.

She laughs and tries to regain her position before giving me a long hug. "Fine. What about you, big guy?"

"Me?" I pull away from her and raise an eyebrow at her. "How am I look like, huh?! Of course, I'm fine." I throw my hands in the air and sit beside my brother, wrapping my arm around him.

He smiles at me before leaning his head on my shoulder and continuing his talk with her. I stroke his hair gently as I hear the conversation between them and hope she will help him change his character a bit.