Chapter 22

Seth POV:

Still, I'm not discussing the unknown number with anyone because I don't know how to begin this topic. Even if I had a wonderful moment with Dean in the restaurant, I didn't talk to him as usual as before. What if something awful happens to him?

I shake my thoughts away and try to concentrate on the present because we have a deliberate meeting now. Yeah... We are waiting for one of the relevant clients for Cena's Enterprise that has a good relationship with our company.

At the time, Dean excuses himself and attends his dad's call, discussing the meeting. As he returns to me, his face frowns for something. He sighs and informs that the client is sick at the last moment, so his daughter will come instead of him.

We stare at each other in frustration and recall how we have discussed the client to Baron, knowing his character well, but it's no use now. Staring at each other won't help us other than comforting, so we call Baron again to know about the client's daughter.

We get frustrated again when he informs us that he knows nothing about her. Maybe it's a challenging task for us. While Dean is preparing for the meeting, I start to think about the unknown number instead of helping him. Because a little earlier, I have got another threatening text. I try to concentrate on something, but I can't.

When a woman about 5 foot 8 inches and barely a buck ten in weight entering the office, everyone's attention turn toward her. She has long raven hair fading at the tips to an electric blue; big brown eyes often frame by dark makeup and porcelain white skin. She tends to wear a suit, but I notice how my boyfriend checks her shamelessly.

He giggles and pushes past me, opening his arms to her while approaching. "Hey, nice to meet you!" With a broken look, I stare at him in shock. I know she is pretty, but I haven't expected this behavior from him.

"Hey, I'm Paige, the daughter of Ted DiBiase. Is that you, Mr. Ambrose?" She asks and gives him a warm smile, trying to have a friendly conversation. She seems new to the office things by her approach.

"Yeah," He nods and gives her a small hug, but it feels lifelong for me. He drags Paige to the meeting hall, letting no one near her and making her sit on the chair that is probably next to his. His activities make me irritated, and I won't like it a single bit.

When everyone takes their seat, he turns his attention to one of our employees and nods at him. "Mr. Philips, please increase the volume of the air conditioner. I think it's hot here." He says and turns his attention back to her, smirking at her.

She glances around confusedly and leans slightly closer to him, "I don't feel that much hot here."

"Yeah, but you knew I didn't mention the weather." He whispers and winks at her, bringing a red shade to her cheeks.

I can't take this anymore, so I stand up and start the meeting gently. I try hard not to concentrate on them because if I do, I will break down and rush out of the office without completing the job.

Everything is going well, except their flirting. I can't control my jealousy when Dean flirts with her the entire time since she has come here. I try to sit quietly and hope this meeting will be over quickly.

As soon as the meeting has completed, I don't even take much time to grab all my things while rushing outside, but he grabs my hand and stops me from further moving. "You all right? You have been quiet during the meeting." He says, moving to wrap his arms around my waist.

"I'm fine." I shove him away and make my way out of the office, not having the patience anymore. I get hurt by him, and I need to get away before crying in front of others to create a drama here.