Chapter 13

Seth POV:

I know Dean is poor at business, but not bad as he thinks. I try to convince him since we have arrived at the office; that he can do anything, so the meeting is not a big deal for him, but he doesn't listen to any of my words. Seeing him tense for almost an hour kills me because I don't fall for this Dean. I fall for his honest, strong, and self-confident nature!

And okay, maybe I had thought like that. I bite my lip nervously and stare at Dean, not knowing what to do until he swats the glass on the table and reflects his anger. It's not the way to sort the shit out, and I have to do something because we care about each other too much.

"I'm not birth for business just like Baron. I-I don't know how I'm going to attend the meeting." He says nervously, clenching his fists. "Usually, I would fun of everyone. Today everyone will fun of me!"

I walk over to him and nuzzle my nose against his neck, calming the desperate storm inside of him in a matter of seconds. "Dean, you can do well, and I'll support you." I try to comfort him, holding him still in my arms. I even manage to make him believe it will be fine.

"I know, sweetheart." He mumbles and kisses my temple, trying to get relaxed. He doesn't want to talk about anything now. He pulls away from me and stares into my eyes, leaning forward to press a kiss on my eyes. "I love you." He sighs and grabs my hand with a thoughtful expression crossing his face.

We are going to the meeting hand-to-hand, letting one another believe that we care for each other. To be surprised, the meeting goes well, and Dean speaks talkative like he's enjoying and I like it. But at one point, he looks space out and stops in a place like a statue. That's how the meeting ends!

As we get out of the meeting hall, he slams the wall furiously and mutters under his breath. "Even if I'm coming under the business family, I'm not worth it." He grits his teeth and tenses again, not caring that he's still in the office now. "It's something far from my brain, so I can't deal with it. It's something that I've never experienced before."

"Don't worry, Dean. That is your first meeting! And you did well, but you were spaced out, at last." I grab his hand and give it a light squeeze, trying to comfort him, but he's still annoyed. Nothing seems to work out, and I don't know what to do.

Sometimes people need time to sit with their anger, to excavate deep into the heart of it, so they can dismantle it from the inside out. Piece by piece until they can finally let go of the entire weight of it on their own terms. I know I can't rush it even when I'm desperate to make things right again.

I follow him to the parking lot and stop on track, realizing what he's doing. So he's trying to escape from this place during office hours. I shake my head in complete frustration and get in the car with him. I stare at him curiously as he starts fiddling with the radio and rapidly moving from station to station, never pausing at any of them.

I swat his hand away and try to bring some sense into him. "Stop it, Dean! Don't show your anger at the radio!"

He frowns and stares blankly at me before thinking about something. He chews the inside of his lip, and I can see the argument he's having with himself about what to say. He has something in mind, but he doesn't want to voice it out loud.

"I'll drop you at your house." He mutters silently as he takes off the car from where it is standing, and I take a deep breath, closing my eyes as I hope I've finally felt less sick then.

I open my eyes when I realize I will be the worst boyfriend if I let him suffer alone. I stare at him suspiciously but settle back into my seat. "Why so earlier?"

Instead of facing me, he looks down and bites his lip before staring at the road blankly. "I need to clear my mind, so I'm going to the bar. And I don't want you to stay alone in the company, so I'm dropping you at your place."

Without I'm attaining it, the words form in my throat and spill out quickly. "I won't go anywhere. I'm joining with you." I don't want to leave him alone as much as he cares for me, so it's the best decision that I have made. I want to be with him at this time to share his feelings, like Charlotte, with my brother.

He puts on the hard swerve and glances at me unbelievably, opening and closing his mouth like a fish. He then cups my face with his hands and mumbles, "No, Seth, it'll be uncomfortable for you."

I know what he means, but I refuse it. "No, I will." My head whirls around so fast that I almost hit him in the face with my ponytail. I don't want to argue with him anymore because there is no need for that. I lean my head against the window and stare outside, feeling him start the car again.

On the radio, some kind of rock band is screaming their lyrics, and it sounds pretty heavy but I still don't dare to say anything since he isn't in the mood to talk anyway until we reach the precious bar. It's gonna be a long day!