London (15)

<Laurens POV>

It had been a long two days. Nether Spence or Emily had said anything to me since the phone call and I was getting antsy. I knew at this point it wasn't up to me to make a decision. I sat at Emily's desk impatiently clicking a pen while staring at the elevator doors. I heard it ding and the team stepped out chattering and laughing as usual except for Spence and Emily who stepped out last. They were pale and blank faced. Their posture was strong and professional as if they were trying to impress someone higher up. The rest of the team came in to drop their bags at their desk and relax but Spence and Emily stayed in the hall talking. They glanced my way a few times but were careful to avoid eye contact. Usually I would run to greet the team with Garcia but I was too nervous. After a few minutes of talking Emily and Spence walked in and joined the team. They both dropped their bags at Reid's desk and pretended like I was invisible as did the rest of the team. I watched from a far as everyone talked. I could hear Hotch boast about Jack and JJ about Henry but not once did Emily or Spence join in. My eyes were plastered on Emily and I could tell ignoring me was killing her. I knew there was some elaborate plan she was supposed to follow but the second she looked over at me it was over. She was holding back tears but I couldn't have been more calm. She just stared silently right into my eyes from across the room before turning to Hotch and whispering something. Seconds later Hotch, Spence, and Emily excused themselves and started walking towards Hotch's office. When Emily approached the top of the small staircase she looked at me and motioned with her head for me to follow them. I got up slowly and hesitantly followed into Hotch's office. Hotch closed the blinds and Spencer closed the door behind me.

"Please take a seat." Hotch said calmly as he leaned up against his desk facing the couch.

"Well it took you guys long enough." I laughed nervously as I took a seat. Emily and Spencer stood silently with their arms crossed on either side of Hotch.

"So?" I asked anxiously. No one responded they all avoided looking at me.

"Come on! Everyone has ignored me for the past two days and then when you come back you pretend I don't exist!" I said raising my voice.

"I'm just here for backup is one of you going to talk." Hotch asked looking at Emily.

"Lauren..." Emily started "Spence and I have spent the last few days talking it over with and without a counselor and we have made a decision. We believe the it is best for everybody if you come live with me in London." She said sternly.

"LONDON!!" I gasped. "Why London?!?"

"I'm going back to work at interpol. There will be less traveling, I can work normal hours, and I get to run my own team. That also means there is less danger and I can spend more time with you."

"Why can't I stay with dad." I asked trying to hold back tears.

"You will come back next year when you start at quantico. Spence was not prepared to take care of a child and so he just needs some time to himself to figure that out." Emily said

"I also never get to see you. I'm always working. I want you to live with someone who can give you the time and love you deserve." Spence said holding back tears.

I wanted to argue but I knew the decision was made and there was nothing I could do to change it. "When are we leaving?" I asked.

"Two weeks." Spencer said.

I got up from the couch and ran to give Spencer a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair. I hated crying in front people because I never wanted people to know I cared. Tears streamed down my face but I stayed quiet. I was good at that.