Part 21 Back from the Dead

-2 years later-

My phone rang in my pocket. I looked down at my phone to see a text from Declan.

Declan: Hey can we meet an hour earlier today? My soccer game got moved up

Of course I responded with Yes since seeing him was always the highlight of my week.

"Mrs. Prentiss hand over your phone!" My 10th grade homeroom teacher scolded. Though my school had a zero tolerance policy for phones all my teachers knew the nature of my parents work and let me off easy if I lied.

"Sorry, it's my mom she's letting me know she's going on a work trip." I lied

He nodded "Get back to your work then."

"I'm finished, actually. Could I go to the art room and finish my project?"

"Sure."

I handed in my test and didn't think twice as I snuck out of class an hour early and down to the cafe.

"Your usual?" The barista asked with a friendly smile.

"Yup." I said with joy as I slid my visa card across the counter.

"Here you go." She handed back my card with a cookie and a hot tea.

I smiled in response and turned to find a table by the window. After walking past many parents and children I recognised the face that was staring right at me. His Jeans and biker jacket hid him well in plain sight. His black gloves hid his hands and the small beard he kept made him fit in even more. I couldn't stop myself from sitting down across from him. I swallowed hard as my heartbeat sped up. "Where's Declan?" I asked out of fear

A familiar smile spread across his face. "Don't worry about him princess."

"I thought you were dead?"

"Well, unfortunately for you the FBI left me alone too soon. I have been shot worse before."

"What do you want from me?" I whispered.

"You're going to take my hand and walk out of here with me without making a scene."

"And why should I do that?" I responded with a bit of sass.

"Do you see that boy over there?" He asked looking across the room at a small kid playing with cars on the floor as his mother talked to a friend over coffee.

"Yeah."

"How about those two?" he glanced over at two young girls in princess dresses having tea with their father and a stuffed animal in each hand. "If you don't, they will each take a bullet to their head and I will still get my way." He hissed

I hadn't felt this helpless in a long time. I felt sick thinking about what he was about to do to me, But I saw no other way. "Fine." I choked

He put on a friendly smile and took my hand. "Good." we stood up and walked down the street.

He quickly pulled me down a side alley. At this point I couldn't help but scream and fight. He placed his gloved hand over my mouth as I tried to throw myself to the ground. His grip on me was strong but at least I knew there was a security camera down the alley so as we walked I spelled out his name in sign language, careful to make sure he didn't see. Seconds before I blacked out he threw me into a black van and tied me up.

-Hours later-

<Emily's POV>

I looked up from my desk when I heard a hesitant knock on the open door. I smiled to see Isabella one of Lauren's best friends from school standing at the door. There weren't very many people I authorized to be let into the building but she was sweet and never took advantage of it.