Part 19

Part 19

-9 months later-

<Lauren's POV>

"Lauren!" One of my friends at my table said over the loud chaos of our classroom.

"Yeah?" I asked

"Do you have the answer to number 3?"

"I'm working on it now I'll get back to you." I replied.

I actually really liked school. I was grateful that I had friends and my teachers were all a lot of fun. They also tried really hard to challenge me but still not everything came easily. We had all finished our classwork and were laughing and talking when the phone rang and the room went silent.

"Can I answer it?" One of the boys yelled from the back of the room.

"No Mark, I'll get it" my teacher said picking up the phone. "This is Mrs. James speaking." a few minutes of silence passed as she listened. "Ok she will be right down." She hung the phone up and turned to me. "Lauren you need to go to the office now with all your stuff, They said this is serious"

"OOOOHHH, Laurens in trouble." My whole class mocked in unison.

"Oh shut up guys. I didn't do anything." I laughed as I waved and left the room. Even though I said that so many thoughts raced through my brain and I ended up bolting to the first floor office. I'm pretty sure I even heard someone tell me not to run in the halls on my way down.

"What's going on?" I asked as I got to the lobby where my mom and principle were standing.

"We have to go. I'll explain in the car." Emily said grabbing my arm and pulling me out the front doors.

We got into the SUV and Emily Immediately turned on the siren.

"Jeez Mom where are we going? Your going to get us killed!" I yelled as I held onto my seat.

"Just grab your backpack and the bag's in the back."

I turned to see Emily had packed both of our duffle bags full of stuff.

We quickly arrived at the small local airport where only jets flew in. Emily grabbed a few things from the trunk and then lead me to the jet. Once we were boarded and were ready for take off I tried once again.

"Mom where are we going!? Is this about Ian!?"

"No, JJ's missing!" She said pacing up and down the plane. "We're going to DC."

After we had taken off a call came in from the team on the jet and Emily grabbed a file. "Lauren go into the back and put headphones on."

"No, I want to know what's going on. I care about her too."

"NOW LAUREN!" Emily screamed. "This is a matter for the adults so go watch a movie and mind your own business. " She yelled before answering the call.

She was clearly upset and scared so I did what I was told. I could only imagine what JJ was going through right now and it wasn't pleasant.

After a long flight we arrived In D.C and headed straight to the Field office. We got our visitor passes and headed up stairs.

"It's kinda nice to be back." I said trying to break the silence.

"Well don't get used to it because we're not staying." Emily replied bitterly stepping out of the elevator.

"What's Blackbird?" I heard Garcia ask right before I entered the round table room.

"It's JJ!" Emily replied.

I stepped in right behind her and looked around. "Dad!" I yelled dropping our bags and running to hug him.