Chapter 2

Gracie's POV

I walk into my photography class feeling as tired as ever.

I was up all night worrying about how I'm meant to pay for Lexi's new blazer, for school, that has recently become mandatory.

I have to pull £20 for a new blazer and £16 for her new P.E. trainers out of my arsehole some how.

How am I going to manage?

I work two jobs and I still don't have enough for everything we need. The rent is due in five days and I only have half the money.

"Miss Evans, am I boring you?" Mrs Elard's voice tears me away from my worrisome daydreaming.

"Of course not. I'm sorry, miss." I apologize.

"Stay behind after the bell." She says firmly.

There was only ten minutes of class left anyways.

I pack my bags at a slow rate, waiting until everyone files out of the room, before slumping my way towards her desk at the front of the class.

Her face seems to soften the closer I get.

"Look, Grace, you've seemed a little distant from your images lately. Is there anything you'd like to talk about? Are you in any sort of danger?"

My blood starts to boil slightly. She doesn't know anything!

"I'm fine. Really.' I impatiently assure her.

"Okay, well... My door is always open." She smiles, seeming not to believe me.

○●●●●●●●●●●●●○

I walk out of Block D and across the main road to Block A where the college has it's own Starbucks, Pizza Hut and Greg's.

I grab a 70p donut and a bottle of Coke for £1. I get the same thing the three times a week I have a full day of lessons.

I grab a large table in the common room, waiting for my group of five idiotic friends.

Tyra and Jessica are the first to get let out of their classes. I wave them over, just as I'm taking the last bite of my chocolate and cream donut.

"Last night was so fun!" Jess laughs, hugging me.

"Lets all agree to never let Jamie and Jason be alone ever again." Ty agrees.

"I know right. They nearly killed each other. Over a remote!" I laugh, gulping my Coke.

I stop after a few seconds, the burning from the fuzziness becoming overbearing.

"Are you alright? Amy Pickins said you were kept behind in photography?" Jess inquires, looking for answers from the horses mouth.

"Yeah I was. I was just daydreaming, nothing to worry about." I smile, trying to reassure them.

Trying being the main word there.

They give each other a knowing look. They know I've been down playing what has been going on, but they also know that I am not going to tell them any time soon.

So they may as well let it go.
I walk through the small hallways of Block C in a daze, not paying any attention to my surroundings. I rely on muscle memory to find my way to my second English-Lit class of the day.

'Turns out muscle memory can only get you so far' is my first thought as I walk straight into someone.

Great.

"Sorry!" I gasp, not daring to look up and whoever i had just walked into.

"Don't worry about it." A deep voice replied.

Oh God! I speed walk away, still not looking up at him.

**********************************************
565 words...

IT GETS BETTER, I promise!!! ❤❤❤

VOTE AND COMMENT XXX