Chapter 15 - Part One

Gracie's POV

"I can't tell you. Not here. Go to your flat and pack a bag. Don't as questions, just do it." He pushes me out the door and shuts it behind him.

I run into the flat and into the bedroom. I scream at Lex to wake up and I force her to pack a bag along with me. In a last minute frenzy I shove our passports into my bag and drag a dazed and still half asleep Lexi out into the hallway.

Dylan swings the door open as I'm about to knock. He stares at Alexis for a few seconds before looking at me with a stern expression.

"She can't come."

"W-what? Yes she can. She is."

"Grace, she is safe. We aren't. She can stay with Dan and Charlie and be safe. We can't-"

"Why?! Where are we even going?"

"I can't tell you that. She stays. She'll be safe. I promise." The way he looks into my eyes makes me (for some stupid reason) trust him enough to do what I do next.

"Fine." I grit through a tight jaw.

"W-what? Grace, if you're in danger staying here then how come I'm no-"

"You're not, Alexis! You need to stay here with Dan and Charlie. You don't go ANYWHERE without one of them. Do. You. Understand?" Dylan says in a 'no arguments' sort of tone.

"Fine." She grits the same way I did. "How long are you going to be gone for?"

"I have no clue. I'll give Dan updates. Now go inside." He instructs her.

I hug my sister with all my might and give her a kiss on the forehead. "I'll phone you when I can."

"I still have no clue what is going on." She mumbles as Dylan picks up mine and his bags and starts to walk to the lift.

"Same, sis, same." I glare in his direction.

*********************************************

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" I scream as I punch him in the chest.

"Because they can track us through phones."

"So you smashed my phone with a brick!?" I screech.

"Yup." He pops the P.

"Dick."

After an hour car ride of me asking questions and him blanking me completely, we are in the middle of (basically) nowhere.

Dylan wanted to stop at a petrol station to fill up the car and use the toilets.

"Aren't you going to smash your phone up then?" I say brightly, wanting to smash it with a bigger brick that I just randomly picked up. There are just parts of walls and fences everywhere.

"I threw it out the window while you were asleep." He smirks

"Dick."

"You sure like to talk about dicks, Gracie." He jokes.

"Don't call me that." I mumble. He never calls me Gracie, only ever Grace or stupid cheesy nicknames.

"What? Gracie?"

"Just call me Grace or whatever." I say as I walk into the little shop. He gives me a weird look but agrees none-the-less.

I head straight over to the sweets and pick up a dozen packets of Jelly Tots, four bars of Galaxy chocolate, two huge bags of Chili heatwave Doritos, a two liter bottle of Coke and a chicken tika pastie.

"Dylan, some help please!" I shout in a panic as the coke begins to slip out of my hand and two packets of Jelly Tots fall to the floor.

*************************************************************