Chapter 6

Gracie's POV

It's been three weeks since I got the job in 'The Shady Lady' and Lexi is starting to get suspicious; I knew she would be, she's always been good at reading people. I'm not ready to tell her, yet. Maybe I never will be.

I had a week full of rehearsals from 4pm - 7pm and then the next week I was doing the same, but with the addition of sneaking out of the flat at 12am to go back to the club and dance and getting back at around 2:30am.

I have also been continuing to work at the corner shop on days when I don't have college. I have been working there since I was fourteen; that's four years I have worked there, I am not about to give up this amazing job just because I have started stripping.

My co-workers are like my family. Plus, Jessica works there with me, she would kill me if I quit and she would make me dig my own grave if she knew I was stripping.

"Jade!" Lilly calls me, using my new nickname.

"I'm on my way!" I call back, adjusting my crop top.

I strut up onto the stage with my head held high and my hips swaying. The spot lights hit me, preventing me from seeing the men in the crowd. That always makes me feel better. I let the music guide my body through the steps of the dance letting everything flow.

I smile as I slowly and seductively crawl to the front of the stage. The men happily shove handfuls of money into every little piece of fabric they can.

Over the last few weeks I have also been given another nickname; this time given to me by some of the men. I am known as 'The Siren' because of my distinctive lingerie style as well as my captivating and entising dances. Sirens (aka mermaids) draw men in with their songs, I draw them in with my dances.

I saunter back into the dressing room for the third and last time tonight. I quickly slip out of the sexy skirt and crop top while the other girls are on stage. I throw on my grey V neck top and black skinny jeans before placing all my langire pieces into my big black hand bag along with my heels and make up.

Lilly walks in through the door just before I open it. "How was it?" She smiles.

"I'm starting to really love this place." I admit, happily.

"Confidence boost, isn't it?"

"God, yeah. I always thought it would be a demeaning job, but its actually empowering. I have power over what I do and how I do it." I beam. "I'm going to head out, I can't miss this bus." We say our goodbyes before I leave.

A group of obnoxiously loud and overly drunk boys make their way onto the bus while having a disgusting conversation.

(A/N: WARNING!!! For those of you who have been sexually asaulted in any way, you may not want to read the rest of this chapter due to some triggering topics of conversation.)

"Her body was banging, mate. She was weak though, she didn't even bother trying to push me off. I like it better when they fight." The tallest of the four huffs out.

"I know what you mean; Its way sexier when they fight back." An average sized blonde guy agrees.

I nearly gag right there and then, instantly realising what they are talking about. Rape. They are talking about raping someone.

I am the only other passenger on the bus this late, which automatically makes me an easy and vulnerable target. Knowing this, I pull out my phone and text Daniel.

Me: Tell Dylan to get down to the bus stop as soon as possible, I am five minutes away. Please don't ask why.

I press send, my heart racing. I really hope he is still awake.