Chapter Four

R O S A L I N A

I turn around and see Cesar standing there with a confused look on his face. Then it turns to worry and concern. "Now is not the time," I cry. He takes a seat next to me. I can't even find the strength to tell him to leave me alone.

"What's wrong?" he asks. I'm not sure if I should even tell him. Sure he'll find out eventually. I'm actually not minding his company right now. I look up at him and wipe my eyes.

"My father was shot earlier today when he was at the store. I guess he didn't make it," I say. I start to cry even more, god I'm so weak. I flinch when he puts his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry Rose," he says. His hug feels really nice right now, it's comforting. I almost feel safe oddly enough. I finally calm down and pretend to cough. He then pulls away.

"I should probably get back, they might've wondered where I've gone," I say. I wipe my eyes.

"Let me walk you home, it's late and not safe for you," he says.

"Cesar my family is home, that isn't a good idea," I say standing up.

"I don't care, I'd rather face your brother than let you walk alone knowing something might have happened to you and I didn't do anything about it," he says. Maybe Cesar isn't so bad. Plus I'd rather not walk home alone.

"Fine," I say. He smiles and I start walking. I hope he doesn't think that I'm going to start talking to him again just because of this.

"You know I've really missed you Rose," he says. Of course he brought it up.

"Cesar we aren't talking about this, we're over and that's that," I say.

"Rose, please. I do like you, really," he says.

"You hardly even know me," I scoff.

"Then let me get to know you."

"Our brothers would never let that happen, and I won't let that happen. You can forget about it, we had fun while it lasted," I sigh. I step on a sharp rock and hiss. "Fucking rock."

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm fine," I say. We continue to keep walking. We finally reach the house before mine and we stop. "Thanks for walking me home, I'll see you around," I say turning around.

"Rose wait," he grabs my arm.

"What Cesar?" I sigh. I'm really not trying to play his games right now.

"Please," he begs.

"No, goodnight," I say. I turn around and walk inside of my house. My mother shoots up from the couch as soon as I walk in.

"Rosalina are you alright?" she asks examining me.

"Yes mom, I'm going to go to bed. I love you," I give her a hug.

"I love you too Rosie, get some sleep and we'll talk more later," she says. I nod and make quick eye contact with Javi before I go down the hallway. His eyes looked almost lifeless. I go into my room and shut the door. I lay on the bed and start to cry after replaying the events that happened today in my head. I miss my father.