Chapter Eleven

R O S A L I N A

Everything between Cesar and I are going pretty smooth now. It's a couple weeks after that night now, it's like things completely changed. It felt as if a heavy weight lifted off of my chest. I don't feel as depressed as I was before.

Cesar and I have decided to just keep our relationship a little more private and between us. We'll be public whenever we're ready. Only god knows what'll happen then, considering our brothers. Speaking of brothers, I've hardly seen mine.

It's rare to see Javier at home nowadays. I actually don't even see him anymore, when he does come home it's always late at night/early in the morning. It really does make me sad, how we aren't the way we used to be. But now that I'm with Cesar, I feel as if I added more to the fire. Sure he doesn't know yet, but when he does, I don't know if it'll ever be the same or get better. I just want to be completely happy. I'd hope that he'd want me to be happy too.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone vibrating, indicating that I have a text message. I grab my phone and see that it's from Monse. It's a little weird, but I open the message. "Do you wanna hang out?" she asks. Monse wants to hang out with me? When I basically stole a guy from her, which is literally one of her best friends? Well, technically, I did have him first, but that doesn't matter.

Her and Cesar are like best friends, I'll probably be around them more often. Plus, I could make a new friend. I text her back, "Yeah, that sounds great actually. What time?" While I wait for her to text back, I go over to my closet to pick out something to wear. It's not too hot outside but I'm still going to wear shorts, I'll just put on a long sleeve.

I grab some light washed shorts and a white, ribbed, half buttoned long sleeve. I grab a white bralette to make the outfit look more put together, and of course, my signature necklace. My phone buzzes and I look at the message. "Does in an hour sound good? You can meet me at my house," she says. I unlock my phone and type back, "Sounds great."

I don't really need a shower so I quickly get dressed. I grab some socks and put on my low top white converse. I go in front of my mirror and put my hair up into a messy bun and it looks good. I put on some chapstick and gather whatever I'll possibly need. I don't really like carrying a purse around my shoulder so I mostly use my small black leather backpack. I put my wallet, house key, chapstick, and charger in there.

Along with other small items that could be useful. By the time I finish I have just enough time to make myself something to eat before I have to head out. Monse lives a few streets away so I should leave in like ten minutes. I'll just make a bagel with cream cheese. I go into the kitchen and put a bagel in the toaster.

I finish making my bagel and quickly eat it before heading out the door. Not forgetting to lock it behind me.

I wonder why Monse wants to hang out all of a sudden. It seems a little sketchy, but I could use some more friends. Considering Cesar is literally my only friend, also boyfriend. Which is so weird to think about. I never thought I'd be dating Cesar Diaz in a million years. If you told me a year ago that I'd be dating Cesar Diaz, I'd probably laugh in your face.

I approach Monse's house and knock on her door. She opens it and greets me with a smile. "Hey Rosalina, you can come in," she says.

"Hey," I say back and follow her into her house. "Where's your dad?" I ask her.

"Oh, he's at work, we've got the place to ourselves," she says. I nod and take a seat on the couch. It's quiet for a long moment, so I decide to break the silence.

"So, I was just wondering, why did you invite me to hang out? I don't mean it in a rude way, just curious. Because I mean, after you know," I say. I mean, I did steal a guy away from her. Kind of a dick move on my part. I do feel guilty.

"Oh, you know I was hung up on that for a few moments there but then I got over it. It honestly would be better for us now that it's this way. Cesar and I are only meant to be best friends, along with Ruby and Jamal. But I decided to get over it and start fresh with you, we can become friends. It'd be nice to have a girl friend, considering I don't have one," she laughs.

"What about Olivia and Jasmine?" I ask. She pulls a weird face.

"Oh believe me, no one is friends with Jasmine, she's just always there. As for Olivia, well that was ruined," she sighs. That must suck, having a friend do that to you. Of course Olivia didn't know, but I get it.

"I'm sorry Monse, really. In the end, you were left with nothing. I feel so guilty," I apologize. She looks up at me.

"It's not your fault, Rosalina. It's honestly a good thing that you're with Cesar. We probably would've never lasted. Besides, you guys look good together," she smiles. I give her one back.

"Thank you, you're really kind. I'd love to be your friend, I could use some myself. My only friend is Cesar, but he's my boyfriend so," I laugh. She laughs along with me. It feels nice knowing that I actually have a friend.

"What should we do now?" I ask her. She shrugs her shoulders and then looks around.

"We could go to the park," she suggests. Going to the park sounds nice so I nod my head. She gets up and so do I. I'm the first out the door and she shuts it behind her. We go to the park closest to her house.

Sorry it's been a longg time since I last updated, but I for sure plan on updating more. I've gotten some of my motivation back haha. This is just a filler chapter, because I feel like this story moves way too fast and I need to slow down a bit lmao. The next chapter is probably just going to be a filler with Rosalina and Cesar doing cute couple stuff we all wish we had. But I'm sorry and I will update more, I hope you guys are enjoying it!