Chapter 22

This is a small chapter... I hope you enjoy.
Please vote, comment and share. Thank you

Edward is hesitant to see Caroline, he is unsure of how to act or what to say. But mostly because he feels they failed her, she has been with them from the start and to not know something was wrong, to not notice what she truly went through. It hurts to know they couldn't save her from this pain and torment she is now in.  Edward was relived that it wasn't Louis but he wishes it didn't happen to anyone.

He stops for a moment outside her room, knowing physically she is healing but mentally and emotionally she is struggling. Taking a deep breath he moves inside to see her sat up and glaring at the wall in front of her. As the door shuts her attention is automatically drawn to him. They stare for a while before she whispers 'I'm Okay'

Edward moves across the room to take the seat beside her, he carefully and slowly takes her hand in his and holds it tightly

Edward moves across the room to take the seat beside her, he carefully and slowly takes her hand in his and holds it tightly. 'I am so sorry Caroline... we failed you'

She smiles a sad smile that makes Edward's heart clench 'Edward... you didn't know. I just want to try and heal now. I know you came here for more than that, so what is it you need?'

He sighs knowing that's her kind way of saying drop it. 'I need to know what Jake's involvement was. I need to know whether we have to kill him or keep him under supervision'

Caroline is silent for a few moments before she clears her throat to speak 'He was kept unaware of a lot that went on. He would have to sneak in to be able to give me any water or food. He got beat once for getting caught. He didn't know of their plans or what they were doing. In the end he also helped us escape.'

'Was he aware that they were to take you hostage?'

'I ..I can't answer that. He appeared to be kept in the dark for almost everything. I do know that he became apart of that gang because he had caught word that they were plotting to kill Louis. I think Louis may have helped him in school... that's what he said. You'll have to ask him for the story though.' Edward hums in response, unsure how to feel. He knows they are of similar age and that Jake had trouble in school. He would ask Louis when he wakes up, he wants to hear it from him.

'Okay. Please rest okay. I will visit you again tomorrow' Caroline simply nods before looking back at the wall. Edward hesitates before he slowly leaves. He decided Jake will be under supervision for a while. There was something in Caroline's eyes that told Edward, she hadn't revealed the whole truth regarding Jake's involvement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake slowly takes a step into Caroline's room, he knows it was down to her which made Edward decide he could stay here with supervision. He had asked to speak to her privately and so his supervisors stand outside waiting while he builds the courage to make his presence known.

'Why are you here Jake?' He jumps at the sound of her voice, cold and detached

'I just wanted to come see you... I'm so sorry Car. i - I promise I didn't know' his voice is weak as he looks at the woman he loves

'I know Jake... I know you didn't know they would rape and beat me. I know you didn't know that they would take me hostage. But you led them to me... you said you loved me because they told you to. It was all a ploy... nothing was real.'

'No Car, I do love you. I admit I was intrigued in you and when they suggested this plan I knew it had to be me. I never wanted them to hurt you and I was planning to tell you their plan the evening everything happened. I am so sorry... I hate myself for what I did. I didn't ever want to betray you' he's crying now, he was naive and stupid to think that it was just a mission to gain information.

'Good... I hate you to. You should despise yourself for what you did. You not wanting to betray me doesn't change the fact you did... you turned your back on me when I needed you. I cannot forgive you for that Jake. I kept you here because I couldn't live with knowing I would be the reason for your death but I don't ever want to see your face. You understand me...'

'but caro

'but caro..'

'No Jake. I'm not girly little Caroline anymore... I don't know who I am now and I blame you for that. So get out and make sure I don't see your face again'

As he leaves the room Caroline sighs and allows the tears to fall down her cheeks as she whispers 'Your not broken

As he leaves the room Caroline sighs and allows the tears to fall down her cheeks as she whispers 'Your not broken.. being broken is a choice. I choose to heal'.

A little insight to Jake's involvement in the whole kidnapping... Poor Caroline trying to heal from an awful ordeal.

Do you think she was right in saving Jake's life?

Do you think she should ever forgive Jake for his involvement?

Do we want Louis to find out about this?  What would happen?