5 ||

•° ✿ °•

He doesn't remember.

He doesn't remember pulling you close, close enough to inhale your scent and feel your back press against his chest. He doesn't remember laughing at anything nor gazing at you intently. He doesn't remember asking you to stay and dance with him across the small space in the living room.

He remembers none of it, but your mind held on to every moment clearly.

"You're Eunhye," was the last thing he said to you that morning before passing out on the floor.

You were hurt. 

You should've known better.

You sighed as the memory came flooding in once more. It's been a week since that incident and he has long gone moved on from it since he knew nothing about it, but you were stuck thinking about it over and over again.

Your phone lit up, notifying you of a new message. You grabbed it from your desk and unlocked it to see a text from Wonpil. 

From: Kim Onepil <3

She said I'm quite interesting.

Should I make things official with her?

Of course, it had to be about his date. He was out with a new girl that Jae set him up with. He's most likely winning her over at this moment. Why wouldn't he be, though? Your mind was swirling at all the possibilities that could be happening as you hesitate a response. He could be holding her in his arms or leaning his forehead against hers. 

You want to tell him no.

You want to tell him to wait.

You want to tell him there's something so much better.

Someone.

Yet that would be selfish of you.

With shaky hands, you typed a reply. You read the words twice, maybe even thrice. Your heart was beating fast, it made it hard for you to send it. Finally, you gathered your strength to hit the send button. In an instant, the message was sent his way.

To: Kim Onepil <3

You've been waiting for this moment. Go ahead.

it didn't take long before he responded back. Your phone was quick to vibrate and light up. You sighed before opening his text. You could already feel your heart shattering just by looking at the display of his name.

From: Kim Onepil <3

I will.

You felt your grip tighten at two simple words. It was a mixed feeling of frustration and pain going through your veins. You should feel happy for him. He's finally found someone who sees him the same way he does to her.

You should be happy.

You shouldn't be moping anymore.

You shouldn't have to feel so miserable.

You choked back a sob and successfully held it in. You grabbed your phone once more and tapped on a name before bringing it close to your ear. The other line started to ring and a few seconds later, a guy answers it.

"Hello?"

"Jae."

Your voice came out shaky. Jae didn't need any further explanation to know what state you were currently in. He could already tell you were hurting and you needed him to comfort you. With a sigh, he whispered an "okay" before hanging up. You dropped the phone to your side, casually going back under the covers and staring at the ceiling.

When has your life turned to a k-drama?

 When did your world start revolving around Wonpil? 

When will you realize you weren't destined for him?

With a heavy heart, you closed your eyes. Maybe it's time to sleep it off and forget about Wonpil for a few moments. In no time, you were fast asleep.

Meanwhile, Jae stood by your front door. He looked around him and when no one was there, he pulled out the key from under the rug that you left for him. He inserted the key and opened the door to find the living room empty. 

He threw the key to the couch before making his way to your bedroom. He softly knocks on the door but no one came rushing to open it so he made his way in.

He couldn't help but smile at the sight of his friend sleeping with the covers covering half her face.

He was about to leave the room and watch some television but the sudden light on your phone made him curious. He made his way to your dresser, where your phone sat, and saw a text message come from his friend.

From: Kim Onepil <3

Guess what?

I got a girlfriend now :-)

°•. ✿ .•°