Part 1 - Truth or Dare

"Okay, okay," I said, sitting on the floor of mine and Peter Parker's living room with him and Ned Leeds. My legs were crossed, making my pyjama shorts ride up to rest on my hips. I hastily pulled them down and then gave my answer. "Truth."

I had been living with Peter and his Aunt May in their guest bedroom (it was more like my room now, though, considering I decorated and occupied it) for two years today, seven-hundred and thirty days since the incident, and I didn't want to be alone. So, as a solution, Peter and I decided to invite Ned over for a sleepover.

The night had been going smoothly so far; Star Wars, fort building, snacks and board games, when Ned had suggested we play Truth or Dare. We had each survived four turns already and it was back to me.

"You always pick truth, (Y/N)," Peter argued, shoving a chip into his mouth.

"It's not my fault that I have no secrets to hide," I smiled innocently at the boys in front of me. "Plus, if I were to pick dare, you and Ned would make me do something stupid with my powers."

I was born with powers; telekinesis, telepathy and visions, or, to make it clearer, future-telling. The telepathy and visions were quite scattered, though, because the telepathy only really worked when someone was being untruthful and the visions were purely cautionary and would show me when something bad was about to happen.

"Fine," Ned said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'll give you that, but as you said, we already know everything about you."

My one weakness was being a blabbermouth. For one, keeping secrets is near impossible for me unless I really want to, and once I start talking about my own I never stop. I do have to be fairly close with the person to open up to them, though. Otherwise I keep my thoughts to myself.

"Mmm," I was reluctant to pick dare but Ned had a fair point. "Fineee. Dare."

"Yes!" Peter and Ned high-fived, making me giggle, and started thinking of things to make me do.

"Maybe we should make her sit in the dark for fifteen minutes," Ned suggested.

"She's not five, Ned," Peter dismissed. "Besides, she'll just find a flashlight with her mind or something."

"Or something," I muttered cheekily.

"What was that?" Peter asked, squinting his eyes at me jokingly.

"Oh, nothing," I smirked. I loved tripping the pair out. They both spooked easily and weren't your typical definition of fifteen year-old boys. For instance, they were obsessed with Star Wars and Lego, only just starting to hit puberty (don't even get me started with trying to share a bathroom with Peter, always finding my tampons and being nosey) and are freaking geniuses in disguise.

Anyways, messing with their minds is always fun because, despite how smart they are in academics, they're both pretty oblivious to everything else.

"I have one!" Ned screamed, causing both Peter and I to jump and me to mind-smack him in the face. "Oww, (Y/N)! That hurt!"

"Sorry," I apologized and floated a pack of ice over to him from the fridge. "You scared me."

"What was that dare, Ned?" Peter asked, wanting to get on with the show.

"Oh, right," Ned smiled mischievously, though I couldn't really take him seriously seeing that he had an ice pack pressed to his cheek (face cheek, ya nasties). "Go up to the first person you see on the street and then start and end a relationship with them."

"So, basically, you're asking me to go up to a random stranger, declare them as my partner and then break up with them?" I verified cautiously, making sure not to add to the challenge.

"Basically!" Ned confirmed.

"Are you sure you wanna do something like that?" Peter asked. I couldn't tell what his expression or tone of voice was because I hadn't heard it before, but it sounded like- jealousy?

"I mean, it was a dare," I shrugged my shoulders and threw on one of Peter's sweaters over my pajama shirt. It was the closest thing possible and I didn't feel like digging around in my closet for one. I glanced at Peter to make sure it was okay and he just smiled so I slipped some (f/c) converse on and headed out the door, closely followed by Ned and Peter who wanted to watch.

I waved my hand for them to go stand in the alley beside our building while I stood inside and waited for someone to pass. After about a minute, I saw a figure about to pass, so I opened the door and it lightly bumped into the stranger. They lightly stumbled back and I put a hand to my mouth.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, closing the door. "I'm so sorry! I should've been watching where I was going."

"No no," the stranger said, looking up at me. The stranger was a male, and a very handsome one at that. He looked about in his twenties,"I shouldn't have been walking so close to the-"

"You're cute." I observed, cutting the handsome stranger off and starting the dare. "I like you, do you like me? What am I saying, of course you do!"

"Uh..." The man was very confused, I could tell, and was about to walk away, but I made it so that his feet stuck to the pavement.

"We should date." I continued, cocking my head to the side. "Yay! Now I can update my status. My friends will be sooo jealous! I can't wait to meet your family! I'm sure mine will absolutely adore you!"

"Excuse me-" the stranger tried speaking but I cut him off again.

"You know, I really feel like this relationship isn't going anywhere. You just aren't putting in the effort and, frankly, I have much better things to do. We're over, and don't bother calling. I won't answer. Good day, Sir."

I stuck up my nose and turned around, making a small 'hmph' noise and strutting back inside. I let the man's feet go and sneakily watched him walk away, rubbing the back of his neck as he did. I giggled and waited for a few seconds, giving Peter and Ned time to come in before completely losing my mind with laughter.

Both Peter and Ned joined in and we spent the rest of the night joking about the poor guy that had unfortunately been my victim, though I could feel that something was off.

Not with Ned, of course, he was having the time of his life, but with Peter. I could feel his tensed nerves as soon as we sat back down, though his demeanour never changed, and they didn't go away until I sat next to him on the couch when I insisted that we watch Frozen.

I didn't know what was wrong with him, but I was glad he was still in a good mood and made me smile for the rest of the night.

If anyone could take my mind off of what had happened two years ago, it was Peter Parker.
~~~

Hey, Lovelies!
And here it is! The very first chapter of my new x Reader, Those Three Words!
I'm so happy with how much support I've received for this idea and I plan to make this story fairly long.
Just a warning, for those of you who were wanting (Y/N) and Peter to be together right away, you are reading the wrong book, because there's gonna be a lot of ups and downs in their relationship leading up to the one you see in my other book, The Infinity War | Peter Parker x Reader.
For those of you who are new to my books and are looking for another Peter Parker x Reader then you should go check out the one mentioned above!
Until next time :)