Part 19 - Kissing Spider Man

And now, for the chapter you've all (probably) been waiting for, drumroll please - you know what? Just read it and see for yourself ;)

"So, tell me again how that spider managed to bite you?"

Peter and I sat on top of our building, dangling out feet off of the side. The night air tickled my face and neck as I laughed at Peter's stories. When we got off of the bus, May had picked us up and took us out for chinese food. We talked about the girl who had jumped off of the Statue of Liberty, and disappeared into plain sight.

Pete and I had spent both of it trying not to laugh at May's bewildered expressions as she talked about how the girl must be completely insane and how Spider Man must be the bravest man around.

After dinner, Peter and I went upstairs to sat on the roof.

"(Y/N), I've told you this story three times already!"

"I know, I know," I said with a chuckle as Peter poked my side. "It's just so interesting! I mean, what did it feel like? Did it hurt? How did you hide it from me?"

"Remember that week that I went to camp a couple summers ago?" I nodded as my eyes widened in realization. "I was actually at the Stark Tower."

"Is Tony Stark cool? I mean, like duh, but I'm never here when he comes over to flirt with May."

Peter looked at me with disgust and I nearly fell off of the roof in laughter.

"I don't need to catch you from falling for a second time today," Peter teased as he steadied me beside him, pulling me a bit closer to his side. I blushed and was glad that it was dark outside. I focused my attention to the stars above us and tried counting them to distract myself to the tingly feeling on my skin where our legs brushed.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said, glancing over at the boy to my right.

"I think you've asked me more than one already," Peter laughed. I smiled grimly but didn't laugh with him. Peter noticed and sighed before he laid a hand on mine, making me jump. "Of course you can."

I nodded and took in a deep breath. "Why didn't you just... I don't know. This is stupid - nevermind."

Peter squeezed my hand and my heart started beating faster. I didn't know why. "Nothing you ever say or ask is stupid."

"Okay. Okay..." I kicked my feet underneath me and turned to face Peter, who turned to face me, too. "Um, why - why didn't you just tell me? You told Ned... But not me? I'm just - I don't get it, Pete. And I'm sorry if this is dumb-"

"You're rambling," Peter pointed out. I bit my lip and swung my legs, my eyes suddenly feeling heavy. "Okay."

I watched as Peter swung his legs to the other side of the ledge and stood up, gesturing for me to turn around, too. I turned but remained sitting and twirled my hair around my finger.

"Just so you know, before I reveal all of my secrets, Ned found out by accident."

I started slightly and my eyes widened. "What? How?"

"Remember the night that you and Flash worked on that project together?" Peter asked, looking pained as he said it. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to work out how that related to anything.

"Uh, yeah, sure," I shook my head slightly. "We went out for pizza after, right?"

Peter swallowed and an expression that I couldn't recognized came across his features. He leaned against the ledge beside me and rested his hands behind him. I tilted my head to the side, but before I could say anything, Peter continued.