Chapter Three

I wake up and I realize that something is off. I don't remember hearing my alarm bugging my sleepy head today.

I sit up on my bed, rubbing my eyes as I pick my phone from the bedside table. I'm about to look at the time when my mom runs into my room.

"Thomas! What are you doing still in bed, you'll be late!" And next she closes the door and I suppose she leaves to the kitchen.

I finally take a look at the clock and I HAVE SHUCKING FIFTEEN MINUTES UNTIL THE BELL RINGS!

"Dammit!" I get up immediately and put some random clothes on, since I took a shower yesterday night. I look at myself in the mirror as I brush my teeth and I see that I look good. Could be better, but hey, I just woke up.

I rush down th stairs, taking an apple from the fruit basket and giving a quick kiss on my mom's cheek, running through the front door.

"Be careful and see you later!" She says as I close the door.

I run as fast as I can, but I'm sure I'll be late. I have two minutes left and I'm still half way.

Hold on... today is Tuesday... which means... Mr. Janson is the one giving classes on the first period today!

I almost choke on my apple.

I hear the bell ring when I'm reaching the school's gate, and I run inside, ignoring the weird glares people give me.

I take a deep breath when I'm finally close to my class' room, and I peak in by the door frame.

I'm still breathing heavily, and of course everyone is starting to look at me with strange faces.

Great...

With all the rush, I only realize now that a girl is standing up close to the board, her hands behind her back, and she's looking at me with a quizzical face as well.

She's probably the new girl!

Even better... Now the girl will think I'm an idiot.

"Thomas." I hear Mr. Janson call my name and I look at him with a scared look on my face. "Do you want to share with us the reasons why you are late?" He asks, standing up from his desk and walking towards Principal Ava Paige.

Wait what?! Principal Ava Paige!

I'm definitely screwed.

"I um... I..." There's no use in trying. I don't even have an explanation to give. "I'm sorry, Sir." I scratch the back of my neck, walking inside the room as Mr. Janson nods his head.

I walk past the girl and I sit in my usual sit, next to Frypan.

Newt, Minho and him give me confused looks, but I just shrug and look ahead of me.

"So, as Principal Ava Paige was saying before being abruptly interrupted..." Mr, Janson looks at me with dreadful eyes and I lower my head. I like him as much as he likes me. "...there's a new student in our class."

The Principal then continues. "Yes. Meet Teresa Agnes. She just moved here and I want you to make her feel as comfortable as possible." She finishes, giving the new girl named Teresa a reassuring smile before telling her to sit wherever she wants.

My eyes unknowingly follow her moves, and I look intently at her. Bright blue eyes, dark, long curly hair, and some freckles on her nose and cheeks. She's really pretty indeed.

My thoughts are interrupted when I see a blonde woman with red lipstick walking towards me.

A sudden feel of fear rushes through my veins and my heart starts beating extremely fast as I see her approaching me.

I really had to be late when the Principal was in the room. I'm already preparing myself for detention.

She stops beside my table.

"Thomas, right?" She asks, and I nod my head surprisingly fast. "Since you're a good student and there are no complaints about your behavior, I'll let you free this time." She whispers seriously, giving me her signature smile afterwards.

I nod my head once again while I thank her. She never did anything bad to me but I still get scared whenever I'm close to her.

The Principal leaves after wishing us a good lesson.

As if it is possible with this professor...

****

"What the bloody hell happened with you man?" Newt scoffs, nudging my arm as we walk out the class.

"I just slept in, that's all." I reply simply. The only explanation I have is that I forgot to turn my alarm on.

"Okay Tommy, but I told yo-"

"Hey Thomas!" Minho and Frypan run towards us, walking once they reach us.

"Don't you think we didn't saw you giving heart eyes to the new girl over there?" Frypan teases, patting my shoulder. Minho and Newt start smirking at me.

For some unknown reason to me, I fell my cheeks getting quite warm, and I slap each one of them in the back of their heads, not too strong to hurt them (even if I really wanted to sometimes).

"Shut up." I mumble, walking in front of them, trying to ignore the winks and smirks they're giving me.

I don't even know the girl!

A/N

Yay! Teresa has arrived!
Thank you so much for all your support! Love you! 😍