Chapter Seventeen

"What?!" Newt's voice echoes through the walls of my room.

I decided to call Newt and Minho and possibly make them come to my house, because I just needed to get all this out of my chest, because I needed to talk.

"Newt, I don't know! One second we were hugging and the next we were kissing!"

I stand up from my bed and my hands automatically lift until I'm completely messing my hair up given the stress. Newt is sitting on the edge of my bed, looking up at me with a smirk on his lips that I'd rather wipe off, and Minho is leaning against my desk, arms crossed over his chest.

"But did you kiss her? Like, was it you?" Newt's confused face only causes a groan to leave my throat.

He is supposed to make me feel better, not worse!

"Yes, Newt, I did. I did and I just ruined everything! Now she won't even look at me at school, or- or answer my phone calls, or even talk t-"

"Hey, hey, Tommy, calm down." Newt stands up from his sitting position, placing both his hands on my shoulders. "You're overreacting, alright? Teresa is a smart girl. She wouldn't kiss you back if she didn't want it. And, perhaps, even if she doesn't feel the same way about you, which I doubt, at least you finally know what your feelings towards her are."

"That's not helping, Newt." I look down at my hands, sighing in defeat. "I just... I don't want to loose her, you know? Even if she doesn't want anything with me that way, I still want to have her as my friend."

"And you will." Newt lets his hands fall to his sides. "Every love relationship begins with true friendship. You guys look like you've known each other for bloody years, and even if you don't get to be together, that friendship won't go away that easily."

I nod in response, taking in Newt's words.

Maybe he's right.

Who am I fooling? Newt is always right.

"So don't think too much. You will be just fine, and if something more happens, only the future will tell."

"Thanks, Newt."

He smiles fondly before turning around to look at Minho, who's been incredibly quiet since I told him what caused my exasperated call.

"What do you think, Minho?"

The boy lifts his head from the ground, and my mind gets all confused when a huge grin makes its way to his lips.

"IT FINALLY HAPPENED!" He exclaims as he starts in a round of jumps and throwing fists into the air, scaring the hell out of Newt and me.

"I've been waiting for that to happen since you shuck face saw her that shucking day!" And Minho just starts dancing and celebrating, while Newt and I shake our heads with small smiles on our faces as we watch our best friend.

Teresa's POV

"And how did you feel?"

I'm currently talking to Sonya and Harriet in my room, since I decided, after a lot of internal struggle, to call them because I needed to tell them something. Fortunately, they weren't busy and could come.

"I don't know... it just felt..." I try to think of a word as in to describe the kiss I've shared with Thomas. Yes, the kiss I've shared with Thomas! "... so right..."

I see a huge smile starting to form on both Sonya's and Harriet's faces, the two overly excited with the news.

"It was just so beautiful, you know?" I say as I allow myself to think about that moment at the park. Tom and I have been quite close these past few months, and I can say my feelings for him have quite gotten stronger because of so.

"But then he just started to say that he had ruined everything and that he shouldn't have done that and I don't really know if he meant it or not!" I start rambling but soon come to the conclusion that I shouldn't be that worried about that. I would never leave Tom. But what if he leaves me?

"I think you two should talk." Sonya retorts, stretching her arm to get my hand. I take it as well as Harriet's. "You will sort things out and whatever happens happens."

I nod slowly, lowering my head a bit.

"But by the way he started stuttering and rambling it's pretty obvious he's totally into you." Harriet chuckles as she says it, giving my hand a squeeze and looking over at Sonya, who reciprocates the chuckle.

Somehow my cheeks turn a bit of pink, I assume, by the way they get so hot, and I just realize something. It probably took more time than expected, but I finally realized.

I might be falling in love with him.

A/N

Hiiiii!

I know, I'm so sorry for not updating for over a month, God, I'm really sorry for that!

I'm gonna have Christmas vacations soon so I'll have plenty of time then to update more often.

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed the chapter (more of a filler one, just wanting to show how they'd reacted).

Love you! ❤