3: Secrets Revealed

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm clock brutally beating my eardrums. In response, I threw it at the wall, hearing a satisfying smash. I yawned and stretched, as I did every morning, before getting out of bed. I changed into one of my favourite outfits and took my hair out of it's plait, and let it fall freely. Edele walked in and I greeted him with a good morning. "Morning Moed," he replied kindly. "I just wanted to show you how to summon us if we aren't in your body, because we won't always be now. You can use this to summon our parents as well." I nodded and listened intently while rushing around and making breakfast. After he finished explaining, I gave it a try, and it worked perfectly. I grinned like crazy as I ate my avocado toast, I must've looked insane. "Good job, " he congratulated. "That isn't an easy skill, it took your dad a week to learn it." My light dimmed slightly, I wasn't ready to think about my dead father. My thoughts wandered to my friends and I felt a tsunami of guilt wash over. They must've been freaking out, and I hadn't thought of them at all, I'm a terrible friend. Edele must've sensed my worries, because he comforted me. "Don't worry, it's in the past, you will see your friends again, I'll make sure of it." I smiled at him, feeling a little better. I didn't wait for him to leave as I ran out to the entrance of my house, outside the barrier, where I would wait for Guy sensei to show me to our training grounds. It wasn't long before he arrived and examined my 'youthfulness', and showed me to the training grounds. Before we were to even start any sort of ninja training though, I had to be in shape. That meant, that for a whole month, I spent all day, every day running around the village five hundred times, one thousand push ups, two thousand sit ups and five thousand star jumps. It wasn't as hard as I thought, the village was nothing compared to the savannah, running around it five hundred times wasn't even equal distance, and that barely tired me out. Since I still had a lot of energy, the other stuff was pretty easy as well, not as easy, but still easy. My skills improved dramatically during world switch overs, that it made me wonder how fast Speedy Gonzales would be if he switched over. Eventually my month was over, and I spent a month learning Taijutsu, I found I excelled at it, much to Lee and Guy sensei's happiness. For two months I learnt Genjutsu, I was okay, but it certainly was nowhere near my best. Finally, my last two months were spent learning Ninjutsus. It was then I found out no one actually says the name of the attack like they do in the anime, that was just put in so we knew what the attack was. Over the months, I became good friends with Tenten, okay friends with Lee, and I don't even think I spoke to Neji once, he was too standoffish. On the last day, we ended training early so that we could all hang out together before I went off to the academy. Lee and Guy sensei were crying while Neji and Tenten facepalmed. I chuckled. "So, Hana, in the six months we've known you, you never told us what clan you were from, mind telling us?" Tenten asked curiously, and I froze. Guy sensei and Lee stopped crying at looked at me as well. I sighed. "I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to tell anyone what clan I'm from, but if you don't tell anyone, I'll tell you." They all nodded frantically, excited to be let in on a secret. Except for Neji, but I could tell he was interested, so I'll just have to trust him. "I am from the Saban'na Clan." They all gasped, except for Neji, he looked mildly interested and suspicious. "They were all killed! Are you sure you're not a GHOST?! How youthful!" Lee exclaimed, tears forming in his eyes again. I shook my head. "No, I'm not a ghost. My parents sent me away just in time, I didn't even know about the massacre until recently." It was then that Neji decided this would be the perfect moment to speak. "I heard rumors that they had animals never seen before, but no one could confirm or deny them as only they had seen them and they always avoided questions about them." I looked to him. "Then allow me to be the first to comment on their existence. They turned to me, interested again. I showed them one of my palms, and spoke. "They do exist, they are our kekkei genkai." They looked at me skeptically. "Follow me, I'll show you." They nodded and I led them to one of the more secluded training grounds. I gathered chakra in my palm and lifted up my shirt, pressing my hand to the lion that represented Edele. I whispered his name and he appeared in front of me. The others gasped and he lashed his tail. "Cub was being tested to see if he is ready to begin training, and you take me away to what, impress some brats!" He turned to the others and growled in their direction. "Geez, you woke up on the wrong side of the pride. Sorry for interrupting your little moment with your son, I'll bring Spieel, she's always nice to me and probably isn't busy right now," I muttered, returning him. I looked to the others and saw their confused faces. I laughed nervously, "Sorry, I forgot only my clan can understand them. He was upset that I interrupted a moment with his son, I'll bring a kinder one who isn't busy. I know a jutsu so that they talk like us and can understand us." They nodded, still shocked by the fact that my animals actually exist. I summoned Spieel and gained her permission to perform the jutsu. Once I finished she started speaking. "Sorry for Edele, he's usually quite kind. I see you are trusted friends of Lady Hana and I'm grateful she has friends of her kind here and not just us animals of the savannah. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the female lion, or lioness, Spieel, sister of Sagte, daughter of Sesle and Serene and aunt to cub. We call our young cub until they prove themselves worthy of a name. When cub proves himself it has been decided his name will be Sal. Lady Hana has proven herself worthy of a name as well, she did so when she figured out how to get here and that this is where she belongs eighteen months ago. We call her Moed and I shall do so from now on. Moed," She turned to me, "I recommend you show them our compound, then they can truly see the beauty of the savannah." I nodded, and returned her. "Well?" I questioned. "Who wants to see my compound and the 'beauty of the savannah'?" They were silent, but eventually Tenten spoke. "Is that a good idea? Anyone who tried to enter the Saban'na compound, was killed, even ANBU members couldn't make it out alive." I chuckled. "That's because my summons were protecting their home. As long as you come with me, they'll let you through." They nodded, all except Neji, who grunted, and we all headed towards the compound.

When we reached the entrance, Neji spoke up. "That's it? Wow, what a beautiful savannah." I rolled my eyes. "That's the entrance, the part only those accompanied by us have ever gotten through." I heard Lee and Guy sensei gulp, but everyone followed me through. As I opened the door to the hallway, and saw two elephants guarding. "Hello Bloed, Beckchi," I greeted kindly. They smiled and stepped out of the way, bowing. I started walking through but realized the others weren't following, I turned around, rolling my eyes. "Come on guys, or I won't hesitate to have them drag you through, their trunks could pull of your limbs if you're not careful." They quickly hurried in, and I stopped at the end of the hallway and pointed to the door on my left, and the one on my right. 'Those doors enter the part of my compound, where the head family lived. The one in front of me contains the savannah and where everyone else lived. Where to first?" Almost immediately, everyone except Neji answered, "Savannah," and I chuckled. "Savannah it is." With that, I opened the door in front of me, and walked through. As everyone entered, they gasped, except for Neji. "Come on," I exclaimed excitedly. "I know where you can see the whole savannah, it's also where all the lions stay, they rule the savannah." They nodded and we ran off to the other side.