Chapter 6

Costano held the frame that had the picture of his wedding day. He remembered the day as if it was yesterday.

The wedding was beautiful.

There was no specific theme to it, but Costano and Pia had agreed they'd include sunflowers into it. They made it as simple as they could. They had many other things on their plate as well including their jobs, which had become more demanding over the course of their relationship. As well as some issues that wouldn't go away, one in particular.

Pia's bouquet, along with the decorations of the wedding, held sunflowers, white roses, baby breath, and a few other plants in the colors red and green. It was quite an odd combination of both plants and colors, but they fit and blended so perfectly together.

Out of all the flowers, she was the most beautiful, Costano thought.

Pia's wedding dress was one that she had designed and sewn herself. Before Costano had asked her to marry him, Pia had been working with a company by designing wedding dresses for their new collection. Pia had grown as a fashion designer and it wasn't long before many wanted to collaborate with her.

One day, she sat in Costano's dining table while working on the designs. She had sketched several dresses based on different trends she studied. She had several fabric ideas she had in mind and that her employers suggested as well.

Pia always worried about how important it was for one to feel comfortable, beautiful, and confident no matter what body shape or size the models and customers had.

While working on her final sketch, she struggled on many things. There were endless possibilities as to how you could design a piece of clothing.

Her head was her canvas and her imagination was her utensil. It was endlessly designing new clothes. Each with a different color, material, and style. Sometimes, she could envision a look just by having a manikin or model standing before her. Other times she could look at a piece of fabric and already know what she'd want to do with it.

It was one reason why she chose to be a fashion designer. Throughout her childhood she would draw clothing she wished she could wear.

Surely now she'd look back and wonder what she was thinking when she was drawing it. But she created her own motto that if you want something, but don't find or have it, make it yourself.

"Costano!" She called for him, hoping he'd help her. She rested her elbows on the table and buried her hands in her hair on each side of her head.

Within seconds, he walked into the room.

She wondered if he had been doing something prior. She said, "I'm sorry if I stopped you from doing something important. Did I?"

"I was just about to find you when you called me. What's wrong?" He answered. He stood behind her chair and placed a hand on both her shoulders.

"I can't decide how I want the last dress to look like," she pouted. She brought her hands down onto the table.

"You mean the wedding dresses you've been working on?" He arched an eyebrow.

She nodded. She reached for seven of the designs she had finished and showed them to him. "These are some of the ones I've finished already."

Costano grabbed them and sat beside her. "These are great, but you know I studied law not clothing," he chuckled. "I honestly don't have a clue as to how you come up with these ideas."

"I want something different from these obviously. The type of dress could be the same, just not the design." She pointed to each dress and indicated what type they were.