Bonus Chapter #4

Veronica's POV

I can't let him go. As selfish as I sounded, I couldn't. He was there when I had lost my sister. He was the first man I ever fell in love with and when we broke things off I was devastated once again. And years later we found each other again.

A part of me hated doing this behind Arabella's back, having him sleep with me when they were still married. I hated that they were getting divorced. But that as the part of me that was her best friend, the part of m that cared for her.

The other part of me wanted this, for him to divorce Arabella so that he could be with me just like it was supposed to be all along. When he told me he wanted to end things between us, I didn't. And that's why I am here now.

I'm sorry Arabella, but I love Zoilo.

I arrived at his house and made my way to his door. I rung the doorbell and waited for him to open the door. I knew he was here because his car was parked out front, and well, I am his assistant so I knew his schedule. I was in charge of making his schedule and knowing where he was when he was.

When the door opened, I expected for Zoilo to looked shocked.

And he was.

"What are you doing here Veronica?" he frowned.

When he told me he loved her and that this was a mistake, my heart ached. I knew he loved her, even when he said he didn't I knew. Anger boiled inside me and I asked him if he was going to tell her.

"No, I won't tell her."

"What do you mean no? She already suspects that you've been sleeping with other women. Why won't you just admit it?" I frowned.

• • •

Zoilo's POV

"Do you think that I wanted this to happen? Do you really think that I wanted to cheat on my wife? That I wanted to sleep with her best friend?" I stared at Veronica in anger.

The moment I heard the sound of keys hitting the floor, my heart stopped. I snapped my head in the direction of the sound and widened my eyes. Arabella.

"Bella," I began to approach her. No, this wasn't supposed to happen. She wasn't supposed to find out.

Arabella raised her hand and I stopped.

"I had a feeling you were cheating..." My heart began to ache, of course she thought that. That's what I wanted her to think. I never slept with any other woman besides Veronica, and yes that's still not right and yes I'm still an asshole of a husband. But hearing her say these things only made it more painful.

"But you slept with the same woman all this time! Out of all the fucking women in the world, you chose her! You slept with my fucking best friend!" Arabella yelled as she cried.

"Bella calm down pl-"

"Why her?!" Bella...

"I'm sor-"

"I don't want your damn apology. I want you to answer my question! Why?"

I told her it as a mistake. It was. I told her that I never meant to hurt her. I didn't. But I knew I had and at that moment I realized that this could be the end for our marriage. That she wouldn't want to stay with me.

If I could go back... No. If I hadn't done what I did, this wouldn't have happened.

Arabella... my love. I'm so sorry.