I

It's probably around 11 p.m. I wouldn't know my phone is dead and I don't have a watch with me. There aren't that many people where I am and the ones that are here are pretty far away from me.

I'm still panting from my run, as I look around to find some place to sit. My eyes land on a swing set a few meters away from me. I walk towards it and silently sit down. As I sit down, it's like everything just fell on me. All of my emotions that I kept inside invade my mind. I don't notice I'm crying until a teardrop falls on my hands that are resting on my lap. Seeing the tear makes me vulnerable and all my feelings start flowing out.

After a long few minutes, my sobbing stops and is replaced by gentle hiccups. I feel completely drained. I bury my head in my hands and wonder how I ended up in this situation.

I shouldn't have left the house like I did. I shouldn't have yelled back at my mother. I shouldn't have disappointed her. I shouldn't have been born.

What have I done?

With all of these thoughts clouding my mind, I really felt vulnerable.

"You look like you murdered someone and are now regretting your decision."
I whip my head towards the direction of the voice and saw a tall boy coming towards me.

"Maybe I should've done that."

"What?" He asked

"What?"

"So did you kill someone?" He curiously questioned after a long silence and sat on the swing besides me. It was only when he sat that I saw the little white fluffy ball at his feet.
I tried to fight the urge to pet the dog and contain my composure.

"No." I shook my head.

"Well that's boring." I looked at him in confusion.
What a weird boy.

"How is that boring?"
He just shrugged.
"What are you doing here alone? You know it's dangerous." He said calmly disregarding my comment.

"Why should I tell you? For all I know, you could be dangerous too." I said with my eyebrows raised and my head slightly tilted.

"Do I really look dangerous with a fluffy puppy?" He deadpanned. "Right Cotton?" He said in a baby voice.

"Who names their dog Cotton?" I scoffed.

"She looks like cotton."
I slowly nodded.
"Exactly."
He continued, "I'm walking my dog. Now that I told you why I'm here, tell me why you are."

"Uhm, I guess I sort of ran away from home but not really, and I ended up here and I don't know what to do. I'm too scared to go back home and I literally fucked my whole life up today and shit I'm really stupid, I don't even know where I am. Where am I? Wait okay, no, i know where I am. But I don't even know if I can go back home -"
He stopped me "You ran away from home?"
"Yes. No. I don't really know." I answered with a defeated look on my face. "I didn't really run away because I don't have anything with me. But I left the house after an argument with my mom. And... why am I telling you this?"

"I don't know but it's okay it's not like I'm going to tell anyone. Do you have your phone? Maybe you can send a message to your mom." He suggested.

"My phone is dead." I blankly said while looking at his dog. The dog looked at me and I smiled at her. She started wagging her tail and with that, I sat on the floor and started petting her.
"Do you know your address?" I nodded "I can bring you home." I looked at him before pointing out. "You don't look like you have a car with you right now."
"Oh shit right. Sorry." He smiled in apology.
I shrugged my shoulders to show him that it's okay. I'm sure that I can find my way back home it probably isn't that far.

After a short while of me petting his dog and him just looking at us, he spoke up.
"What's your name?"
I stop and look at him before looking back down. "Areum."
"That's a nice name. My name is Yukhei but call me Lucas, all of my friends do." He said putting a hand behind his neck.

"Okay... Yukhei."

----------

Just another one of my started stories but that still aren't being continued...

I actually have a lot of different ideas for stories so once I finish with Locked In I will write more hopefully.

I spent 8 hours continuously doing my homework I'm so tired.