VI

"Well well well look who we have here." I was sprawled on the ground looking up at the sky. Yukhei's voice takes over my thoughts. Before I can look at him, something jumps on me.

"Oh my god, Cotton I missed you!" I sit up and start petting the fluffy dog. "Why- holy shit! Yukhei, what happened?" I look at his beaten up face filled with deep cuts and painful looking bruises.

"Call me Lucas." He purposely doesn't answer my questions, not even looking me in the eyes.

"Why? When it's just the two of us can't I call you Yukhei? Can't we just pretend like I'm just that random girl you met in the park who calls you by your real name?" I take a step closer to him with Cotton in my arms.

"No." He turn away before turning back to face me. "Keep the dog for today, give her back tonight. Don't forget to walk her." As I'm about to protest, Lucas gives me a serious look and walks away from the dog and I.

"He's so infuriating." I put Cotton down and grab her leash and start walking.

The whole day I felt as if something bad is going to happen and the feeling kept growing and growing.

The headquarters was quiet as if secrets were being kept from everyone including me. It makes me furious. Barely anyone was passing by and if some were they wouldn't even talk.

"I need to know what's going on." I tell myself.

"What are you doing?" I turn my head to see Jungwoo. He looks at my hand hovering over the doorknob. "What does it look like I'm doing?" I inch closer to him. "Tell me, have you also felt that something is wrong? It's been suspiciously quiet today." His eyes widen, "You noticed too?"

"I'm going to try to talk to boss about it. Is he busy?" He shrugs his shoulders to show me that he doesn't know before walking off.

I knock on Taeyong's door and slowly open it when I hear a 'come in'.

"Boss, can we talk? Somethings not right." I see his expression darken. At that sight, I hurriedly take a seat in front of him. "Tell me what's going on."

"This isn't your business."

"Are you serious? We're a family! You should be able to tell us what's going on, especially me. We've been through so much, now that I think about it, why am I not your second hand man?" Taeyong rubs his temple at my words before putting his head between his hands.

"You just came back and I-"

"It's been already two months!" I cut him off. "Stop trying to find excuses, Taeyong. You don't care about that."

"Red Roses aren't dead."

I stand up abruptly and turn around before kicking the leg of the table and yell out "Fuck!" I face Taeyong again and put my hands down on his desk. "How the fuck is that possible. I still remember that night. I'm sure they all are burnt and dead."

"Jeon Jongmo's son survived. He's seeking revenge apparently." Boss explains calmly although I know that inside he's screaming.

"This is so fucking humiliating. I- we made sure that they all died. I still feel the ground shake." I put my hands on top of my head. "We had trouble fighting them before. It's going to be impossible to get rid of them now."

"Stop! Enough is enough, Areum. It won't be impossible and we will manage to get rid of them once and for all. Now leave, your anger is affecting me profoundly." He runs his hand through his hair and takes out a mirror from his drawer.

I sigh and bow before exiting the room and coming face to face with Jaehyun. "Don't say anything too provocative, I already annoyed him so he might kill you. Make him feel better." I wink at his shocked face. "I know your secret. Bye."