II

You have a new job. Come by the club at 11 pm.

It's been a while since I've been there and seen the boss. Maybe about 1 year? But I guess the message is my cue to go back. I became part of the gang a long time ago. Joining NCT was the best and worst decision.

Someone told me that my mom left again so I make my way back to my apartment. As I enter what I used to call 'home', I'm hit with the strong smell of weed, alcohol and sex. I'm not surprised, this isn't the first time it's like this. When I runaway from home like I did last time she always takes that as an opportunity to invite different men and women over.

I shiver as I start cleaning the place. I check the time and see that it's only 6 pm.

Once I'm done with everything, I start making my way out of the apartment.

It's already pitch black by now but the streets are still crowded

It's already pitch black by now but the streets are still crowded. I make sure my mask is well placed and I continue walking, looking at my surroundings. My eyes stop on a guy and a girl. I frown, and start walking away but I stop when I see that the girl is clearly not in a good state. I stretch my shoulders as I stomp towards them. I approach them, the boy already unbuttoned his jeans. I cough to catch his attention and as soon as he turns his head, my fist connects with his face.
I turn towards the girl who looks terrified.
"Are you okay? Do you want to go to the hospital or anything? I have something to do soon so please make a decision." I smile at her.

After making sure the girl is safe in her bourse, I go down to the subway station and finally make my way to Simon Says. The club is quite famous in Seoul so it's quite packed whenever I go there. It's also where NCT are all the time. Taeyong, the leader owns this club. This is where he makes all kinds of deals.

I arrive in front of the club where there is the name with a cocktail drink in neon lights. The bouncer stops me before I can enter, I raise my eyebrow in amusement. I lower my mask and his eyes widen when he recognizes me. Then he smirks and nods, letting me pass.

The club is colored in neon lights and a few stripper poles around the place. In the corner there is the VIP section that is a little higher than the ground floor. Velvet couches and a long glass table. I walk towards the section, emotionless. I come in and sit on one of the couches. Everyone at the table faces me and Taeyong makes a sign to everyone for them to leave. Only the members stay.

"It's been a while, Areum." He says sipping his drink. A few people widen their eyes when they hear my name. When I was active in the gang I had a high position. People respected me. I lower my mask and nod at him.
"What's my job?"
He sighs before telling me what I need to know. "An old rival wants to try to take over our part of Seoul. I want you to get rid of them." I nod again. I feel hands on my shoulder, I whip my head and see Johnny. We were really close before but I lost contact with everyone when I decided to take a break.
I stand up and face him. He suddenly hugs me. Surprised I stay still.
"Who will be doing this with me?"
"My right hand man. And-"
"Ten?" His face hardens. Johnny cringes and whispers in my ear. "Ten actually left the gang and boss still isn't over it."
"Oh."
"You probably don't know him because we recruited him after you came."
"Then why is he already your right hand man?"
"You ask too many questions." He replies. That's when I know I should stop.
"His name is Lucas." Why is that familiar?

I go to the back of the club where only the gang members are able to go. There's a big hookah in the middle and three girls dancing around seductively. Everyone is talking among themselves when I sit in an empty seat. I look to my right and a small smile makes its way on my face. I get closer to the person's ear and whisper "Boo." He jumps and screams "holy shit!"
"I'm going to kill- Areum? Holy shit Areum!" He touches my face before going to my shoulders and shaking me. He continues yelling profanities in shock.
"Jaehyun shut the fuck up." Doyoung, another member says from across the table. "I'm still mad at you Areum. I can't believe you just left without a word."
"Okay sure but I'm back and I'm probably going to be staying here with all of you."
"You're moving in?" Jaehyun asks. I nod. When you're officially part of a gang, you have a choice to move in with the members. They live in a big luxurious apartment owned by Taeyong.
"Okay so who's Lucas and why is he already Boss's right hand man?" I ask a bit annoyed.
Sicheng who sits across from me answers my question. "Because he did something for Taeyong which immediately gave him that position. He didn't tell us what it was and I don't really care but apparently he deserves it."

Someone new enters the room as I take a puff from the hookah. Some people slightly bow their heads so I'm guessing it's Taeyong but I'm met with someone completely different. The guy I met at the park a week ago is staring directly at me.

Yukhei. What the fuck are you doing here.

His eyes were wide for a second before he becomes emotionless again and takes a seat next to me. The girls in the room immediately go to him and help him feel 'comfortable'.
I grab one of the girls' arm, getting her attention. I ask for a drink before letting her go.

"This is Areum. She's an old member." Jaehyun says. But Lucas only nods. His personality completely different to what I saw last time.

Who are you?

------

Finally updated after I don't know how long. I hope everyone who still has this story in their library will like this chapter :)) I hope you enjoy.
If you like stray kids check out my other story.

Byeee