Chapter 6

#55 in Mistakes!! This is so encouraging! Thank you so so much everyone !

121 reads and 9 likes ♥✨

Keep reading, keep enjoying and I'll keep writing. ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

************

Resting my chin on the palm of my hand and tapping a pen on the table with my other hand, I couldn't help but go back to that moment in the cafeteria, where Ashley's intentions were put before me without her knowing.

After the breakup with my dumb boyfriend, it's time to deal with his lovestruck brother.

Apparently, that was just one sentence that I'd memorized before and kept it on a repeat in my mind. But there was more to that.

Ashley's goal was not only to get rid of the two brothers who were possibly in love with her, but also to portrait herself as innocent and inculpate them for everything. In short, she was going to manipulate both the brothers and turn them against each other. She intended to occupy them in their immense hatred so that they'd be too distracted to realise that the she-devil herself was at fault.That's when I realised that, when all her intentions and plans were acknowledged by me, I had a chance to put a stop to that. I can get back at her, for insulting my mother, for making her father persuade to give mine loads of work more than his capacity and for treating me like nothing. And I didn't have to manipulate people into convincing them against her, I just had to reveal the truth.

But the question was how?

It wasn't a surprise that Ashley was paying no attention to me today, because she was occupied with her own issues at hand to notice my presence and I was thankful for that. I'd noticed Tara, with her hair dishevelled and red-rimmed eyes, with a consoling Chloe on her side, in the hallways when I was making my way to class, as she was worried that whether or not her boyfriend was cheating on her.

"Mind if I sit here?" I jerked a bit in surprise when a deep voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked up to see that it was the guy who was getting lustful stares and death glares on the first day of his school.

Before I could even as such respond to his statement he took my moments of silence as a positive one and the next I know, Jake Flynn was sitting beside me. We were currently seated in the Biology class where the assigned room was gradually getting packed with clusters of students. Almost all the girls I saw entering the class, scanned the room for a certain someone and when they succeeded in it, they sent a death glare in my direction, and not to forget them mentally finding ways to murder me or transferring me to a whole new school to get the-guy-in-question take a look at the other options available, their mental words not mine.

"I didn't even say yes." I looked at him, my voice laced with frustration. I was frustrated because one; I didn't know why but I couldn't read his mind at all and I couldn't even ask him that without getting a weird look from his side, and two, courtesy him, I was getting a lot of other Ashley's in school, who clearly wanted to make my life hell, even if it was already in the first place.

"You didn't even say no." He grinned smugly, showing his dimple on his right cheek as his face was angled frontwards.

"You can go and take the seats reserved for you" , I gestured at all the empty seats beside the girls who kept looking in his direction and back at the empty one, giving him a silent message to come sit with them. "Because this ones booked for someone else."  I lied.

That's why I liked Biology classes, that we could sit with anyone we wanted to, unless we were too distracted to be attentive. I happily sat alone, where no one would bother to look in my direction. In some other classes, my assigned seatmates would make faces in my direction all the time and scrape their chair as far as possible from mine. I'd occasionally get profanities and most times get blamed for what happened to Jennifer and I was used to it by now. I would put on a deaf ear and ignore all the dark snarky comments passed to me through chits or verbally told to me in between classes, when the teacher wasn't looking.