Chapter 15

As soon as James watched the video with widened eyes and stormed out in anger, we all knew that hell was going to break lose for his brother and of course for his girlfriend. I wasn't exactly happy the way Jake decided to tell him about what was going on behind his back but he was right.

Even if someone told him nonchalantly like, Hey man! Listen up. Ashley is banging your bro, he'd still be fuming.

Or even if someone told him hesitantly like, So I was walking around the deserted hallways and I saw your girlfriend and Peter together. No, I mean they were just talking and I guess they accidentally kissed ha ha.

Either way, James was going to get hurt.

So it was better to send him a video with proof without exactly having to say it in person, those are Jake's words not mine by the way.

We all gathered around the school's entrance later when a guy came and announced that how James was going to 'kick his brothers ass.'

Honestly, I had no interest in witnessing any of it,  but both Amy and Jake dragged me with them.

Lets just say that I  gave up my protests and ended up watching the fight as I stood in the circle of students that surrounded both the brothers.

Ashley, who stood right in front, seemed like she was worried and flustered as James threw a punch at his brother, but she was ecstatic from inside.

After all, this had been her plan all along.

To play the victim and make the brothers fight.

"She loves me!" Peter exclaimed as he spat blood from his mouth.

"Yeah right she does." His brother said sarcastically as he fumed with anger and turned his gaze at Ashley, "You bitch, this is what you wanted right?"

And her response was to constrict her face and cover it with her hands. I wasn't able to concentrate on what went on her mind as the number of people present didn't help me differentiate one voice from another and they all muffled together which ended up sounding like a different language.

I attended to my now throbbing head as the thoughts were endless and I was having a hard time to stop them.

Jake sensed my uneasiness as he stepped forward and looked down at my neck. He reminded me of the ornament that was supposed to take in the unnecessary thoughts.

"You haven't exactly explained how to use it." I snapped as the crowd hollered out names and there were already two teams for the two boys fighting with each other.

But before he could say something, Ms. Collins had now entered the scene and the student crowd parted like the Red Sea as she walked towards the two brothers.

"James, Peter and Ashley, my office right now." She announced in an authoritative tone and one look around the rest of us students made us walk in opposite directions.

As I walked away I heard Ashley say, "Do you love your job, Ms. Collins?"

And I heard our principal reply with, "The last time I checked Ms. Martinez, is that your father is no longer a part of the school. So now it would be better if you get in my office or I'll gladly expel you which you actually deserve."

****

"Will has to know that you're the most lazy tutor I have ever encountered." I crossed my arms and looked at Jake in annoyance.

We both were at my place again after school with Jake saying that he'll teach me something again but he ended up doing nothing as he stared at his device.

"I'm not lazy." He looked up from his phone and said defensively as he was sprawled on my couch.

"All this month you have just given me is this pebble," I reached for the ornament that was placed around my neck, "and you haven't told me how to make it work."

"I haven't?" He questioned himself but he squinted his eyes and tried to remember, "Maybe not." He shrugged and got back to staring at his phone.

I stood up with a pillow in my hand and walked upto him to hit him with it.

But he suddenly sat up and looked alert as my thoughts crossed through his mind.

"Don't Alexis." He said warningly.

I rolled my eyes, "Then stop wasting my time and teach me something!"

"Alright. Alright!" He held his hands up in mock surrender as he beckoned me to sit beside him. I sat down with full attentiveness as I faced him.

But instead he said, "I'll teach you stuff from tomorrow." And sagged on the couch as he crossed his arms and closed his eyes.

He slept.

Leaving me to gawk at him.

I picked up the pillow which I had dropped on the floor and without thinking I started hitting him with it.

"Ouch!" Jake exclaimed and he opened his eyes in horror as he felt the soft material striking against him.

"What is the point of even coming here?!" I said every word with each hit.

I went on slamming the pillow on him until he brought his strong hands forward and stopped mine from further movement. I struggled in his grasp but he removed the soft obstacle between us with one hand as his other was enough to clutch both of my hands together.

The pillow was literally snatched from me which caused me to propel forward towards him. My eyes were shut tightly as I thought my face would be slammed right into him but his hand left mine as he instinctively grabbed my waist to stop me.

My hair had obscured one side of my vision and I mentally smacked myself as my gaze immediately dropped down from his grey eyes to his lips.

Jake slowly brought a hand up towards my face and I shivered as he tucked my brown hair behind my ear and I didn't fail to notice that his gaze followed down to my lips as well.

To my surprise, he ended up giving me an Eskimo kiss as my eyes widened and he retracted his arm from my waist.

Much to my dismay.

If he read my thoughts he didn't reveal as he kept his face blank and I sat back as I took in his unreadable expression.

I cleared my throat, "So what are you teaching me today?"

"What do you want to learn today?" He counter questioned instead of answering mine and I noticed a slight change in his behaviour.

"I'd really like to learn how to block my thoughts from people like you." I said teasingly but he didn't roll his eyes or even give me any expression.

He just nodded solemnly and was about to speak when the doorbell rang.

"Wow who could this be?" I muttered to myself in confusion as I got up to answer it.

But before I could walk towards the door, Jake came and stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"You aren't expecting anyone right?" He raised an eyebrow as he asked interrogatively.

"No." I replied slowly as I was confused with his sudden change in demeanour.

"Alright." He muttered as he moved out of his way and gestured me to go on.

I gave him an unsure look as I walked towards the door and looked through the peephole. There was a young boy standing outside my door, one whom I had never seen before. I shrugged as I unlatched the lock and swung the door to lock my gaze with light brown eyes.

He stood tall and had curly blonde hair that fell on his forehead. He grinned at me as he extended his hand and introduced himself.

"Hey Alexis.  My name is Jake Flynn."