Prologue

Skyler Samuels as Sabrina Harrison

I'm pregnant.

I can't believe this. Josh and I are going to have a baby.

We haven't even started college yet.

What if he leaves?

I was completely lost in thought as I walked through the front door of my house. Jordyn, my little sister, was sitting on the couch cuddled up in a blanket watching a re-run of Friends.

"Have you seen Mom or Dad?" I asked wanting to tell them about the baby first.

"Mom just went out to get some groceries, and Dad is still at work," Jojo responded looking up at me with her brown eyes while her light brown hair was thrown into a messy bun on top of her head. I guess telling them can wait.

"Okay, I'm going to grab something from my room, and then go over to Josh's."

I need to tell him.

"Oh yeah," Jojo began. "He came by earlier, but you weren't here so he left you a note. It's on the kitchen counter."

I gave her a confused expression before heading toward the kitchen. There was a piece of paper laying on top of the counter. When I picked it up, I noticed his rushed handwriting.

Sabrina,

I know we planned to spend college together here in San Diego, but I can't pass up this opportunity. I have to take the scholarship in Florida, and I hope you understand. I will always love you, but I have to say goodbye for now.

I love you,
Josh

I let the paper slip from hands as my legs gave out. I fell to the floor with a thud loud enough to alert Jojo who came into the kitchen.

Florida? He never even told me about a scholarship.

I continued to stare off into space trying to wrap my brain around what just happened. When Jojo got no response from me, she picked up the paper and read it herself. As she wrapped her arms around me in a reassuring hug, a tear fell down my cheek, and then a sob escape my lips.

He's gone.

He's gone, and left me with our baby growing in my stomach.

He left me.

|||

New story!!!

Important!!!
So I feel the need to put a little backstory here to help with the rest of the book, and I'm honestly too lazy to incorporate it into the chapters somehow. This way, I feel, it would make a lot more sense.

Sabrina and Josh have known each other since the beginning of high school. They were best friends and shared the same friend group. Sabrina has been best friends with Elena since third grade. Josh has been best friends with Cory and Tyler since kindergarten. (We'll talk more about them later.) Sabrina and Josh always had feelings for each other, but didn't act upon them until the beginning of senior year where they began dating. They continued dating after high school and planned to go to the same college while staying together. You can see where that went.

I think that's all you need to know so far.

Olivia