Chapter 15

Josh's POV

Yesterday was full of meetings and contracts. While Coach Gibson was sad to see me go, he understood. After officially signing a contract with the Padres, they welcomed me with open arms. However, that moment could never beat how I was united with my little girls.

I knocked on Sabrina's apartment door while gripping two gift bags in my hand. The door opened to a smiling Sabrina who was distracted by the contagious giggles coming from the living room.

"Josh?" She greeted.

"Can I meet them officially?" I asked hopefully.

"Um, yeah," she cautiously opened the door. "I told them about you earlier. They're excited to meet you."

Before I could respond, another round of giggles carried throughout the apartment. We walked into the living to see our little girls watching a movie.

"Girls," Sabrina spoke getting their attention. "I have someone for you to meet."

The girls looked over at me with curious eyes before Sab said, "This is your dad." They stared up at me with smiles on their faces. I squatted down to their level with my arms open. Brynlee ran into my arms first causing a small gasp to come from Sab.

"Hi, princess," I greeted Bryn, and soon enough Keegan came running to join our hug.

They are my little princesses, and I would do anything for them. Today, Sabrina is letting me stay with them while she helps Elena with wedding stuff.

I sat in a tiny chair as I accompanied the girls to their tea party. A purple boa was fashionably wrapped around my neck while a plastic tiara sat on my head. As I raised the small tea cup to sip some air, Sabrina came through the door.

"Hey, I have to lea-," she stopped when she saw my current situation. "I need to capture this moment."

She quickly pulled her phone from her purse, and instructing the girls to pose by me. With the matching boas and tiaras, I couldn't have been happier.

"Smile," she stated, and we all gave her our biggest smiles. When she finished, she signaled for me to come out of the room as she said goodbye to the girls. "Are you sure you'll will be okay alone with them?"

"Sabrina, you don't need to worry. If anything happens, and it won't, you'll be the first I call." She nodded her head and said goodbye before walking out the door.

" She nodded her head and said goodbye before walking out the door

"Hello," Angela answered after the second ring.

"I need some advice," I stated. "So I'm going to surprise Sabrina with a romantic dinner, but I'm not sure what to do. Should we go out to dinner or stay in?"

"I would stay in so it's more private and away from any media," she advised. "Are you going to cook?"

"Yeah, but I need to go to the store for supplies," I answered roaming through Sabrina's cabinets while the girls ate their lunch.