Chapter 9

Danielle Campbell as Delaney Parker Gray

Sabrina's POV

The girls were peacefully sleeping in their beds while I was getting ready to go to sleep. I changed into an old shirt and shorts, planning to just take a shower in the morning.

As I laid in my bed, my mind was racing with thoughts of Josh. I've been trying to push them off ever since he left the apartment with Cory, but I can't any longer. Why did he have to come here? Why did he get close with the girls? Keegan is open to anyone she meets, but Bryn shies away from new people. Just seeing her cuddled in his arms tells me she's already grown attached, but how? She's only known him for a few hours. What happens when he leaves again?

Soon my thoughts shift back to Josh cuddling on the couch with the girls. Is that what it would be like if we were a family? I can just imagine coming home to him playing and laughing with the girls.

I sit up and throw the covers off, knowing I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. Heading toward my closet, I search for Josh and I's photo album. I find it in the depths of my closet with some dust covering it. He gave me this for my birthday, the day after we graduated.

Flipping through the pages as I sat back on my bed, I'm reminded of how much fun each memory we made was. He made me so happy. There was our prom pictures, many photos from his games, our beach adventures, us just being goofy, and some of the photos Jordyn took of us. On the last page was the picture from our high school graduation. I was so happy that day knowing that a new chapter in my life was beginning, and I would spend it with the love of my life. Little did I know that he would be leaving me, without a word, a week later.

I ran my hand over the picture wanting nothing more than to have that happiness back

I ran my hand over the picture wanting nothing more than to have that happiness back. In his arms, I had no worries of stress. He was my haven, yet he ended up hurting me the most by leaving. Why did he have to leave? I would have gone with him. He could have told me about the scholarship earlier. Why did he hurt me? He promise he would never hurt me, so why did he?

Before I knew it, a tear fell from my watery eyes. It was soon followed by many more that turned into silent sobs.

I want him back. I want him to know that he has daughters. I want him to stay and love me like he use to. I want to be happy again.

But I can't tell him about the girls. He's happy with his life, and I know it. He gets to live out his baseball dreams while running around with multiple girls. He doesn't need me to be a burden on his life.

Soon enough, my eyelids become heavy with tears as I cuddle into my soaked pillow.