Chapter 8

Sandra Bullock (with blonde hair) as Amanda Harrison

Josh's POV

I pulled my car into the parking lot of my old high school. Since I've been bored these past couple of days at home, Cory asked if I wanted to help with a few of his classes. Now here I am about to enter the same place I spent some of my best years.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Parker," Vice Principal Stumly greeted me as I entered into the front office. "How have you been? I've heard you've been making a name for yourself in the baseball world."

"You could say that, sir," I replied.

"It was nice seeing you again, but I have to go to a meeting," he said walking out of the office. I then got my visitor's pass and heading towards the gym.

I passed by a few classrooms, and one in particular had a beautiful woman teaching in it. My pace slowed down as I admired the way she beamed while teaching. She always loved it.

When I got to the gym doors I texted Cory to let him know I was out here and if I should come in.

Yeah just walk in and go to my office. They won't be able to see you.

Why can't they see me?

I don't want you to scare them with your ugly ass.

I read the text and swung the door open to see Cory allowing the students to pick teams. He told me yesterday that they were playing wiffle ball.

"Okay, I have a surprise for you guys," Cory stated grabbing everyone's attention. "I have brought in some help for these next few days. He will help one team while I help the other, but I'm leaving the decision of who you want as a coach up to you guys."

"Who's the other coach?" One guy asked.

"Can't tell you."

"How do we know if he's good?"

"Well he thinks he's good, but I could beat him any day," he bragged. "Now what team wants what coach?"

"We want you!" The captain of the first team shouted before the other team captain could.

"Ok, let me go get the other coach," Cory walked off towards me. "They have no idea what is about to happen."

"Would you stop, I'm not that popular," I complained when he entered into his office.

"Whatever Mr. Player of the Year," he said referring to my Sports Illustrated article. "But this is my freshmen class and a lot of the baseball guys are here. They really look up to you."

"Well, I'll be happy to sign some autographs," I joked.

"Just come on." He walked back out with me trailing behind.

"Are you kidding me?!" One student exclaimed. "You brought Josh Parker to help?"

"Yeah, well he's one of my best friends so I though I'd ask him to help a little."

"Hey everyone," I greeted looking around at all the students. Many of the girls were gushing while the boys were just excited.

"Okay let's play!" Cory shouted as students ran to their places around the gym.