Chapter 11

The Stephens' house

I was startled by the knock at my door just as I was about to sit on the couch, waiting for Caleb to arrive. I asked Caleb to come over to talk about the fake dating situation, that I don't want to do it anymore, and so he can come with me to pick up the girls as we head to the engagement party.

Checking my outfit in the mirror, I'm wearing a strapless navy blue jumpsuit with nude heals while my hair is straightened.

I grabbed the girls' bag with their clothes for the party and opened the door.

"Hey babe," Caleb greeted teasing me with the whole fake dating situation. He was wearing a simple white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows and black dress pants.

"Yeah, we're not doing that," I stated walking out of my apartment and locking the door behind me. "I just can't go through with it."

He could tell I didn't want to go into full detail and stayed quite. We hopped into my car and drove off to my mom's house. Marley and Grayson dropped them off with Jordyn while my mom and them went to help set up for the party.

I grabbed the bag from the back when we arrived, and walked through the front door without knocking. The girls were concentrated on the show in front of them while Jordyn sat on the couch texting away on her phone.

"Hey guys," Jordyn greeted standing up. She was already dressed for the party in an off the shoulder light blue romper, paired with tan sandals.

"Hey, can you help me get the girls dressed?" I asked making their heads turn at the sound of my voice while Jordyn nodded.

"Mommy!" They squealed running over and hugging my legs.

"Hey pretty girls, how was staying with grandma?" I asked squatting down to their height.

"We got cookies!" Keegan jumped.

"I got to color," Bryn beamed.

After Bryn showed me the coloring page she colored that was hanging on the fridge, Jordyn and I took the girls into my old room while Caleb made himself comfortable. We helped change the girls into their matching white summer dresses that reached their knees. I paired them with white sandals and put their hair into little buns on top of their heads.

"Let's head out," I instructed walking back into the living room where Caleb was.

Caleb hopped into the driver's seat starting the car while Jordyn climbed into the back seat, in between the car seats. She then helped me strap the girls in. After getting into the passenger seat, Caleb pulled out the driveway and headed toward Tyler's parents' house.

Peter and Joanne Stephens have a beautiful home. The party is in their backyard where they have a large opened patio, a field for the kids to run around in, and a gated pool which is closed off for today. I remember going over there a lot during summers and hanging out with everyone.