Chapter 5

Michael Trevino as Cory Sutton

It is currently 10 a.m. and I'm at the grocery picking up some last minute things that Marley, Josh's mom, wanted me to get. Today is her monthly cookout which involves a lot of food. When I finish here, I have to go over there and help out with setting up.

I've never really been much of a chef. I can make simple things and use the oven, but anything big is probably going to get burnt. Back in high school, when she had these cookouts, Josh was always the one helping his mom cook.

After getting all the items, I checked out and headed to the Parker household. Once I arrived, I grabbed the bags from the trunk and walked in.

"I'm here," I yelled out making my way to the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie," Marley greeted as I sat the bags on the empty counter. She was busy at work making her famous Mac and cheese along with her green bean casserole.

"Do you need help with anything?"

"Actually can you get started on cutting up the fruit for the fruit salad?" I nodded and went over to the fridge pulling the apples, oranges, cantaloupe, strawberries, and grapes out.

As I began to cut, Grayson, Marley's husband, came downstairs. He silently told me to be quite as he snuck up behind her.

"GRAY!" She gasped as he pulled her into a hug. After putting down the bowl of ingredients she was holding, she turned around and they gave each other a peck on the lips.

"You guys are the cutest," I gushed wanting nothing more than a relationship like that.

Grayson and Marley met in high school after they were paired to work on a project together. Marley wasn't very fond of him while he was trying to win her over. In the end, it worked out, and they've been in love every since.

"You know, you could have this too," Marley suggested looking at me. I put down the knife I was holding and gave her a pointed look.

"Yeah, no."

"Sabrina, I'm serious," she stated pushing her husband out of the way. "As much as I want you and Josh to be together, it's time for you to get out there again."

"But I'm not ready."

"It's been 4 years," she stated. I looked down at my hands knowing that I might start crying if I respond.

"I'm still in love with him," I whispered not making eye contact as a tear escaped. It's the first time I've actually admitted to myself that I still love him, and I know I'll never stop.

"Sweetie," she sighed as she pulled me into a hug.

Grayson currently had the grill going as everyone began to arrive

Grayson currently had the grill going as everyone began to arrive. After my little cry, I washed up and began to help with the food again. Before we could move on though, Marley said that she wasn't done with this conversation.