FIFTEEN.

It was finally the day of the autumn party, Diana only had a few more hours of stress before she could finally be a teenager and have fun again. At least for a little while. At lunch Diana was stressing out for what wouldn't be the last time of the day. Gilbert and Cole had gone inside get the gang something for lunch, when Diana began to spiral again.

   "We have to set up the stage first, Wait no, the dance floor. Cole can map out the designated area with tape, and Anne and Ruby you ca-..." Diana was cut off by Jerrys' hand on her shoulder, she took a deep breath, "I know. I'm calm. Collected." She closed her eyes, slowing down her breaths. Ruby took her hand that sat on the table, rubbing it softly with her thumb. Diana tried pushed away any thoughts that threatened to cause any unneeded anxiety. Butterflies and tingles from contact were some of those. She couldn't feel like that. Not about her friend. Not about a friend that was in a happy relationship.

   Jerry and Ruby were happy, she couldn't have feelings. She wouldn't allow herself to have feelings. Instead she put those in a bottle and proceeded to fill it with rocks and threw it in the middle of the ocean. She watched them sink to the bottom, never to be seen again.

   Opening her eyes once more her friends were no longer touching her. Jerry was now engrossed in a conversation with his girlfriend and about what they were wearing. She watched them carefully, he was full of sharp edges, she was soft and subtle. That must of been why they worked so well together. Her mind wandered.
What would it be like to be so in love at such a young age? So in love that no one else compared to them?
She quickly shook them thoughts out of mind when Cole and Gilbert returned, Gilbert placing chips in front of her. He squeezed her shoulder, smiling down at her, she smiled gratefully at him. He was like her brother, they had looked after each other since they were in their first year.

Diana, along with everyone else on the party planning committee had been given the afternoon off timetable to help set up before they could get ready. It didn't take as long as she had originally thought. With the help of the committee and the professionals setting up the electronics they had finished setting up at 4:30pm. This allowed for over 4 hours before the party started.

The girls left the boys to their own devices as it neared 6pm. No matter how much they would never understand the need to get ready for so long but they let them go none the less.

   Diana had found an amazing red dress with puffed sleeves that came to her elbows. It hugged her hips perfectly cutting off above the knee. She couldn't help but pair it with a pair of  red booties. She had gone for a natural look with sleek straight hair.
   Anne had found a dusty rose off-the-shoulder body con dress that came mid calf. She had paired it with strappy pink heels and gone for messy curls and bold eyeliner.
   Ruby once again had opted for a sleek white dress that came above the ankles, with a slit in the leg. She had gone for block black heels and a bold deep purple lip.

____
A/N

Short ass chapter I know I'm sorry but for some reason this took forever to write where as my chapters that are 1,500+ words take like an hour to write. I'm sorry again but hopefully the next chapter will make up for it

xoxo