Sleeping Medicine

"Ed's." Richie eyes were filled with tears as he grabbed Eddie's hand, shaking. Beverly immediately attacked him with a hug screaming, "Richie!" but Richie, never let go of Eddie's hand. Beverly said, "How do you like your room?!" She was so excited. Richie took like a minute just to adjust to the light, instead of holding Eddie's hand he was holding Eddie's arm, to help with his headache. He looked around, and he smiled, "I fucking love it." All the losers laughed. Bill yelled out, "Oh-Oh-Open your presents R-R-Richie!" Richie raised his eyebrows, "Presents?" a tear came down, "You guys didn't have too." Richie looked at Eddie with complete heart eyes and squeezed his arm. They got lost in eachothers eyes, so much emotion, love, sadness, hope. The losers stared at them with their presents in their hands. Stan whispered to Mike, "Do you think we just let them do this forever or...?" Mike rolled his eyes and elbowed Stan in the gut. Bill snapped his fingers at them and said, "R-R-Richie, Eddie s-s-s-snap out of i-i-i-it." Richie stopped zoning out and blushed at Eddie and smiled. Then he turned back to the losers. "Sorry.." Richie looked down and smiled, as Stan threw a box of goodies at Richie.

The losers spent the entire rest of the day opening presents, and signing Richie's cast and laughing and talking up a storm. The doctors came in with medicine to make Richie sleep, and said to Eddie, "Were going to keep Richie here overnight. You're welcome to stay on the couch over there." Eddie heart lit up. He was so happy he was going to be with Richie all night, so he was less worried, he still grabbed Richie's hand. "Thank you ma'am." He exclaimed with a huge smile on his face. He turned to Richie who was sharing that huge smile, and shook Eddie's hand out of excitement. The doctor frowned, "But he has to take this medicine, he needs rest right now." Eddie nodded and the doctor walked over and gave the very distressed Richie medicine. She smiled and said, "I see you got you're cast signed already." Richie gagged from the medicine and she handed him water, as Eddie rubbed his shoulder. He nodded, "Yeah." The doctor sighed a accomplished sigh, "That should do it." as she fixed the sensor on Richie's finger. She pointed to a closet in the corner of the room, "Sir there are blankets and pillows in that closet." Eddie nodded still keeping his eyes on Richie who was looking down. He was very overwhelmed with everything. The doctor nodded at Eddie staring at Richie and Richie staring back. She left the room.

Once the doctor left, Eddie said, "I'm so glad you're okay baby." Richie cried, "Me too." Eddie got up from his chair and wiped Richie's tears. "You don't need to cry, Chee."
"I....know." "You're safe now." Eddie hugged Richie and buried his head in Richie's neck, Richie wrapped his arms around Eddie so tight Richie thought he was gonna kill his poor baby. But he cried into Eddie's shoulder as Eddie climbed onto his lap, still keeping the hug. Eddie let Richie cry, he needed it. He remembered what Bill said, "He needs you more than anything." Eddie stroked Richie's hair until Richie pulled away and smashed his lips against Eddie's. He put his hand behind Eddie's neck and kissed more. Eddie had butterflies, Richie was blushing in the kiss. He pulled away and hugged him again, feeling safe in Eddie's warmth. "Thank you." Eddie's heart melted, he loved it.

About 20 minutes later, Richie was knocked out from the medicine, with his head still buried in Eddie's neck. Eddie had to get off Richie so his mom and the doctors wouldn't be suspicious if they fell asleep like that. It was 10:30, the losers left 2 hours ago. Eddie slowly climbed off Richie and looked at him with heart eyes. Richie's head was on his own shoulder now, his hair was everywhere, didn't have his glasses. To Eddie, he looked like an angel. Eddie sighed in a smile, and gave Richie's thigh a squeeze and went to get pillows and blankets for himself.

He set up a nice little bed area on the couch, and flopped on it. He was tired from everything today. His chest hurt from anxiety, his eyes were red from crying, but he was happy. He was happy Richie was okay, he was happy everything was okay. Finally. He wrapped his arms around his pillow and dug his face in it, pretending it was Richie. His eyes drifted close to the sight of his lover, sleeping peacefully, until he too, fell asleep.

a/n ayyyooo sorry this took so long i started volleyball practice and lemme tell u my legs r so sore i can barely walk. anwayyy the next 2 chapters are really sensitive and touchy and involve sum stuff but i'll let u guys know next chapter. also sorry if this sucks i lost all talent i had woops. also thank you all so much for the recent support on this story!! I love u all so so so much!!
-sav

Don't be a silent reader!! tell me what u think!

plz