Coming Home

Eddie woke up to the losers shaking him awake. It was 7 AM and Bill was taking him home, so his mom won't be suspicious that he snuck out. He turned his head to Richie, who was still sleeping peacefully, he kissed his cheek goodbye, and left the hospital with Bill. Eddie was almost falling asleep in the car, because he was so tired. When Bill pulled up to his house, Eddie got
out and went to his room, falling asleep on his bed immediately. He knew his mom would let Richie stay at the house, he had no where to go.

Eddie woke up 2 hours later, exhausted, but ready to get Richie home. He got up and went to Sonia, scared but knew he had to do it. He took a deep breath, "Mom, we need to go get Richie from the hospital." "Honey, he can't stay here forever." Eddie was shaking "He has nowhere else to go." "What about his parents?" "He's in the hospital because of his parents, Ma." Things went silent, and Sonia took a deep breath, "I suppose he should stay here, but don't expect me to take him in public. It's embarrassing." That's all Eddie needed, as long as Richie was with him, he was happy. Eddie went into the bathroom and took a shower, and went to go get Richie from the hospital.

When he walked out in the living room, Sonia said while struggling to get her shoes on, "You're not coming with." Eddie stopped dead in his tracks, "Why?" "Let me handle it, Eddie bear, we will be back in about 45 minutes. Just let me do it." Eddie was in shock, but nodded and went into his room. He didn't have Richie's favorite hoodie, but he had his other hoodies on the other side of his closet, same with all of Richie's other clothes. Eddie took a hoodie off of the hanger and put it on, and it smelled just like Richie. He layed down on his bed, exhausted but excited. He watched TV until he heard the front door open, and shot up. It was Richie and Sonia. Richie was on crutches and had an IV in his arm, looking worn out. Richie has never felt such excitement to finally be in the place he called home. He resisted the urge to tackle Eddie with hugs and kiss his face, but Sonia was right there. Sonia said, "Eddie, I need to speak to you in private." Eddie nodded and smiled at Richie, walking up to him, "I'm so happy you're here." He said as he rested his head on Richie's shoulder, "Me too. Thank you so much, Ed's. You don't understand how much you mean to me." Eddie smiled and helped Richie take his stuff into Eddie's room. Richie immediately pulled on Eddie's arm before he was about to leave, and grabbed his face and lightly placed his lips on Eddie's lips. Eddie's hand went on Richie's neck, and Richie put his hands on Eddie's waist. Eddie pulled away, "I'll be right back." He said as he slowly pulled away his hand from Richie's neck. Richie smiled, madly in love, "Okay, Ed's." Eddie rolled his eyes, and smiled, then walked out. Richie looked at the IV in his arm and sighed. He laid down on Eddie's bed, exhausted, waiting for Eddie to come back.

Eddie walked out to Sonia sitting on the recliner, filing her nails, he sat down on the couch. Sonia held Eddie's hand, and said with a sad tone, "I feel very sorry for you're friend, I hope you know that." Eddie nodded, confused and scared. What could she mean? "The doctors aren't going to admit him to a mental facility, but he has to do 2 hours of therapy and 2 hours of physical therapy every day. He also has to take these pills." Sonia pulled an orange pill bottle out of her purse along with a note sheet the doctor wrote out describing what it's for, "It's to help him rest after he tried to...take his own life. It makes him sleep, and we have to let him be awake in between every pill intake for about an hour, and he can stop taking them when he feels better, I guess. They said he's going to start going to therapy after he's done with the pills." Eddie's heart dropped, he felt so bad for Richie, he was going to be in therapy for 4 hours a day, that seemed more like prison to Eddie than something that's supposed to help you. But, Eddie nodded and held the pill bottle in his hand, he said, "Okay." Sonia smiled, "I'm so proud of you for taking care of your friend. I think he really appreciates you, Eddie bear." Eddie smiled, this was one of the only times his mom has been this nice to him. Everything was just, going right. Eddie got up and said, "Thanks Ma." Sonia nodded, and Eddie went into his room again to see Richie. Eddie crawled into his bed with Richie, who was sleeping. Eddie softly put his head on Richie's chest, hearing his heartbeat. Eddie felt home.

He got up after about 10 minutes, and grabbed Richie's bag from the hospital and from Bill's. The doctors put IV refills and extra needles. Eddie assumed the IV was for when Richie was sleeping, because he was going to be sleeping all day, and he needed fluids. Eddie was just extremely happy that Richie was back. He put all of his and Richie's dirty clothes in the laundry basket. He crawled back in bed with Richie and fell asleep on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

a/n so i just found out it ch2 trailer is coming out thursday and i literally could not be more happy ahh i'm so excited i'm literally peeing myself and v team 2 teaser came out and it's full of fack agh i'm so happy. also yes i just realized i didn't make them put richie in a mental institution for 72 hours but it's fine ok whatever r

update: its like a week passed the trailer release and i ate lunch in the bathroom so i could see it and i might've cried for like 8 hours and then V team 2 teaser was realrsed and then i might've sobbed my heart out so anyway i love u all