Going Home

Eddie woke up early, the big window in the room blaring in sunlight. He rubbed his eyes and stretched. He checked his watch, it was 6:45. He groaned and look over at Richie in the hospital bed. He was in the same position as last night, still knocked out. Eddie smiled a little to himself and laid back down. He managed to fall back asleep until the same doctor came in, and woke Eddie up.

"Sir." Eddie sat up, still tired, "Uh huh?"
"You're able to take Richie home today, make sure he takes these pain killers only until he feels comfortable enough to stop taking them. There should be another doctor bringing in crutches for him, okay?"
"Okay.." Eddie was playing with the pill bottle that said "Richard Tozier" on the side. He blushed at his name.
"He has to take them every morning and every night." She pointed to the bottle. "Okay. Do they make him sleep?"
"No, they make the pain numb for the night and during most of the day."
"Oh.."
"Make sure you always keep an eye on him so he's not walking on his cast, and when he showers you're going to have to put a bag over the cast, okay?"
"Okay.." Eddie didn't care what she was saying now, he wanted Richie awake now so they can go home.
"You're very brave for brining in your friend like that." Eddie nodded, she understood Eddie was in distress so she just got up, fixed Richie's messed up finger sensor, and went to the counter to get the IV ready. She had to do that to get some fluids in Richie since he hasn't ate in a good 2 days. Since Richie was asleep he didn't feel her numbing his arm, and then putting the IV needle in his arm.

Eddie watched with anticipation as the doctor put the needle in Richie. In his mind, the doctor was stabbing him, he was nervous Richie was going to wake up, and start freaking out and making it worse. Eddie didn't look at the end, he just looked out the window. The window overlooked the busiest street in Derry. The room was pretty high up and Eddie loved it, he could overlook everything. The couch was in front of the window, so he just sat on the couch and looked out the window until the doctor was done. Eddie has this thing, where he likes looking at cars drive, he likes seeing what type of car it is, if they are driving weird, he just likes that.

The doctor was done with "stabbing" Richie she left. Eddie went over to Richie's bed and interlocked their fingers. Eddie smiled at his baby, so happy he's okay. So happy he is safe, so happy. He kissed the back of Richie's hand, and blushed. Eddie was feeling excited about all the adventures they were going to have now since Richie lives with him. He smiled in his thoughts, and went back over to the couch. He turned on the TV in the room and started watching the local channel.

An hour later Richie's eyes fluttered and he was hit with the pain in his leg. His eyes adjusted to the sunlight and he saw Ed's, sitting on the couch. Richie was thinking how much of an angel Eddie is and how beautiful he is, and how lucky he is to have Ed's. Richie said out in a cracky voice, "Ed's!!" And reached out his arms. Eddie turned around and immediately got up and ran to the bed and hugged Richie as hard as he could. Richie missed Eddie's warmth, his smell, he missed everything. Eddie pulled back and rested his hand on Richie's thigh, "How you feeling, Chee?"
"There's a fucking needle in my arm." Richie just noticed the huge IV needle in his arm. Richie hates needles.
"That's so they can get fluids in you baby, you haven't ate in like 2 days." He gave Richie's thigh a squeeze. "Ohhh. Ed's thank you so much, you know, for everything." Eddie hugged Richie, and buried his head in Richie's neck. "You're welcome. Anything for you." Eddie sighed, "Don't worry, we're going home soon." Richie smiled and pulled Eddie away by his shoulders and looked him in his deep brown eyes, "Whenever I'm with you, I'm home." Eddie blushed and pulled him into a hug again. Richie felt safe when Eddie had his arms wrapped around his waist, he felt invincible. Eddie sat up and looked Richie in the eyes and smiled, grabbed his shirt and kissed him. Richie put his hands on Eddie's hips and Eddie wrapped his arms around Richie's neck.

It was 5 minutes of a hardcore makeout until someone knocked on the door. Eddie jumped back and got off Richie, and sat silently in the chair next to the bed, blushing intensely. Richie was shocked and had butterflies. A big, muscular doctor came in carrying crutches for Richie, "Hi!" the doctor placed them against the wall, "Trust me kid, these crutches are not fun." He laughed, Richie and Eddie kinda laughed, it wasn't that funny. "What did you do to your leg?" Richie started panicking, "Uh-" He was reaching out for Eddie's hand, "Bike accident."
"Ohhh, well get better kid." He nodded and walked out of the room. He saw Richie and Eddie about to hold hands, he didn't like that.